Digitone is now shipping

Me too, though I feel the same way about my AR MKII :grinning:

Mine arrived at my house today…can this work day go by any slower…

4 Likes

Mine was supposed to be delivered today and then fedex had to F it up :frowning:

Ok. Sitting around my apartment with too many days off… I caved…

I’m in!

11 Likes

Welcome brother!

1 Like

Secret phase modulated handshake

6 Likes

Wow, it sounds great. And it’s pretty deep too, just going through the presets to start with. Will have a good once over the manual tonight.

I actually got a tune stuck in my head… I was looking in my collection for it online, then I thought… maybe it was a Digitone demo…and it was :slight_smile: this little ditty is what convinced me to buy one :slight_smile:

Hoping to make some nice ambient tunes with this puppy… will get a DT in a month or so once/when/if they have sample transfer sorted, this will be a nice little after work chill pill in the meantime :blush:

3 Likes

Ahhh… what a sweet box. I have to say this is like the OP-1 I always wished the OP-1 was… that said I love the crazy creativity on the OP-1 like all the effects and different types of sequencers and sound engines… but this one ticks more workflow boxes for me and just has in general higher quality components…

I do wish there was a notch or bandpass filter… and the tempo light is super annoying. Might have to put some tape over that

2 Likes

Glad you like your new box :grinning:
There actually is a bandpass filter. On the Filter page press the FLTR button again to access it. Not resonant though but maybe using it with the main filter you can do that.

3 Likes

so there is!

1 Like

I do instantly want a DIgitakt now though haha

my tracks are all full with nice pads and basslines… now i need the drums… hehe

Haha I have the opposite craving. My DT wants a friend!

FWIW I use a Blofeld desktop for those duties, but it’s got no sequencer in it (or at least not one you can “play” like you can a Digi*)

Maybe I’ll trade. (I gotta stop reading everyone’s posts about the digitone!)

man. these new boxes… this new workflow is really something! i know people around here love kits but god, im so glad to free of them! that was really holding me back. I have to admit i did erase my first pattern with a reload haha. but now i’ve found the save all, i mean my god, save all on an elektron box… it means everything! i’ve got more development in a few patterns here than i ever did with the old kit structure…

and the form factor! its great. you can hold this thing in one hand and jam trigs into it… so much more ergonomic…

2 Likes

Yes and also the “Ptn saved to Temp area” (FUNC+YES) is very very helpful!

It’s nice to have a separate machine dedicated to drums but the Digitone does amazing drums! You can do quite a lot with one track. It’s just not ideal to use it as a drum machine but it will provide a great sampling source.

1 Like

It really does. If it was 12 voice 8 tracks well that would be that, if u do add percussion it tends to make the track quite barebones. But that’s a fun challenge :slight_smile: I wonder if there will be a daddy version of the DN come out at some point that’s like a mix of DT and DN in one box. More costly obviously. But at the moment I’m very happy with this little dreamy machine. Might just end up making some ambient stuff for a while

1 Like

I really hope Elektron will consider making a “Digitone Pro” or bigger version. I’d love to be able to use it much more for drums.

2 Likes

Lately, my workflow has been to use two DN tracks for drums, and two tracks for synth sounds and sound locks.
Then, when I need more tracks, or just get closer to needing to wrap up the tune, I sample the drums into OT MKII, and add a few more sounds to the newly freed DN tracks, and then record.

I am enjoying the process. It gives me a few more analog outputs for the drums (which sound so good!), plus more FX and some magic with the Scenes.

Great. Yes actually 2 tracks for drums on the DN is sufficient.
Then if you use all 4 tracks the DN is a pretty serious Drummachine :grinning:

Maybe we should have a DN drum sound design thread…

2 Likes
3 Likes

I got mine today

2 Likes