Digitone is now shipping

And it’s in! Woohoo! Very nicely done, Elektron!

yeah I agree with this… the simplified layout yet surprisingly deep synthesis engine make it super easy to get really wacky quickly, and with a lot of control and quality of sound.

You mentioned making techno again, all I’ve made on it so far (except for the doom and single track videos) has been 90s goth EBM style stuff, haha :smiley: … To be fair though, I’d been meaning to get into making stuff like that again so maybe this is exactly what I needed.

2 Likes

i hope they fix the clicks soon. kinda killing such a great box

1 Like

Try to make them overly pronounced and exaggerated with distortion and fx and try to use them, minimize decay until there’s only clicks… Seize the day, before long there won’t be this option… :grin:

5 Likes

word i need to mess with the settings to try and minimize. it doesn’t ruin anything by any stretch. still having a blast coming up with melodies on this thing. the DT+DN combo is a real winner

yeah man I am loving my DT+DN combo… havent jammed this much in years. Just keep sitting down before bed and start making a track… before I know it its 2am.
+1 on the clicks though I’m getting clicks with ARPs mainly, simon said they know what it is and are trying to fix it.
Weird thing is sometimes allocating locked voices to a clicking track fixes it, other times its removing an allocation and switching to dynamic that fixes it :thinking:

yea i only really seem to get clicks using the arp for what it’s worth

my biggest problem is having to hide it from my gf cuz she told me not buy anymore gear lol

7 Likes

and therein lies the beauty of guitar pedals. virtually untraceable.

1 Like

Pro tip: have some big but inexpensive keyboards in your studio, like cheap casio or bontempi stuff available at pawn shops. Now every time you want to buy a new synth, dump the casio et tell her you sold it to fund your new Elektron box. Problem solved !

3 Likes

If you’re having to resort to this sort of deception it might be time to take a look at your relationship.

4 Likes

Just lie, much less hassle :joy:

2 Likes

^…this guy relationships

The new OS apparently fixes all the arp click issues.

2 Likes

I’m most excited about the fix for “MIDI notes were not sent when triggering from the Digitone keyboard in chromatic mode, or via an external device on the Auto Channel.”

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a good one. I didn’t run into that while controlling the Blofeld with it, but I may have set things up differently. I set the trigs to transmit internally and externally in the setup menu, then also activated each track on a specific channel. It worked fine with my Blofeld Multi, but I was a bit annoyed that it was still triggering the internal voices when I did it this way. I just didn’t have time that night to figure out the correct way, which turns out I may have run into this bug. :smiley: Glad it’s fixed either way.

Had a dream this week my backordered one shipped from zzounds, probably because I check > twice a day

1 Like

I just bought mine from Pro Audio Star who said they were in stock. I also got my other new toy yesterday. Here is a pic.

2 Likes

Yes I just went through all my patches and all clicking is gone! I’m so relieved! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’m finally playing with my newly arrived Digitone- and I’m getting the impression that all of my hardware purchases are done.

In electronic music, there’s like two things I’m obsessed with

1. The Elektron workflow
  2. Ringy Dingy sounds

This thing + the Digitakt is all I really need. Covers nearly all of my whims of quirky jumps in music, ringy belly sounds, manipulation/warping of real sounds.

Compare just these two mini boxes with my mega-Elektron-fanboy set up from a year ago.
Finance/Worth of gear aside- I’d choose this little setup over all of that.

These boxes are just brilliant

9 Likes