Digitone feature requests!

It’s possible on the Octatrack using the SLOTS or SLICES trig modes:

Not sure if it also extends to external MIDI input though…

2 Likes

Yes slot mode would be the Octa equivalent. On that note Digitakt also needs a slot mode (wrong thread, I know)

1 Like

Not exactly. Here (I assume) we were talking about Digitones sound pool presets mapped out on the 16 trig keys which would then mean that the settings were different for all 16 keys. The Slots mode on Octatrack only lets you trigger samples live without any individual parameter settings since the settings for any parameter are per track. Only when entered manually as PLocks they will have different settings.

Here’s the detailed description of what I earlier suggested:

1 Like

Ah yeah, I did think of that… but that’d require a big change in the functionality of the OT, which I think is very unlikely since the DT has this already (well, kinda).

It’s just another trig mode and it happens anyway when the PLocks are played back so I think it’s possible to program. Would be very very helpful and much faster to make sound design. Anyway, I hope we’ll see these for both machines :star_struck:

1 Like

I 've never had the opportunity to work with the bigger Elektron boxes, but I’m very familiar with the “isolate” concept which is a fundamental feature in today’s professional digital mixers I work with on a daily basis. It’s so obvious in that context to isolate parameter pages so that they remain untouched during the show when recalling console cues (it’s absolutely no different from any other digital device like Digitones or Digitakts or whatever, basically it’s a just an array of saved parameters to be recalled). One would never want the main graphic EQ of the Front of House PA to revert to init state when recalling a cue. So on these desks everything can be isolated. It’s a flag. “If flagged, leave param value alone”. A kit, a sound, a filter, a mixer, all are just subsets of parameters applied to box’s algorithms. So if Elektron is listening…:wink:

1 Like

Effects track.
And transposing with a keyboard.

2 Likes

And what is the price difference of the pro digi mixer vs the price of the DN? :wink:

That’s not the question. There are entry level digital mixers on the market that are not that much above price of the Digiboxes, and have those features (we can’t do without). Maybe it’s useful to remind that we are talking about CODE, not hardware. Some functionalities require lots of CPU power, or memory, that’s not the case here. We are not asking for, let’s say, independant reverbs and delays for each sound. There are hardware limitations. But what we are discussing here is a concept that doesn’t use up many ressources but would add a lot of creative potential, so it’s worth considering, IMHO

1 Like

I would loooooove to be able to set a per-track clock division.

7 Likes

+1 for Retrig.

and…
random arp.
and…
custom Arp have set scales.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but I would really appreciate an easier way to identify banks and patterns especially when using midi to change them. I needed to set up an extensive cheat sheet in order to know how to recall everything in my rig (Elektron isn’t the only company that has difficult-to-grasp naming comventions, s and all the weirness adds up in the end). To recall bank F pattern 2 we must hit key #6 then key #2, or send midi PC 81 . A bit of consistency would be cool here. For MkII please label the lower row keys fro A to H on the front panel. And for a FW update, please implement Bank Change and ProgramChange instead of us needing to resort to a calculator. I seriously don’t have the brains to instantly know that pattern F-02 needs PC81. MS Excel doesn’t exist as a VST plugin yet.

Song mode.

That’s literally all I need.

Please for the love of God let me love this instrument.

4 Likes

me too

A user in another thread has complained about that it isn’t possible to p-lock FX parameters. It makes sense, because they are master effects, but it would be great if the Digitone (i guess it would be useful for the Digitakt, too) has some kind of “master fx track” with p-locks dedicated for effect parameter p-locking, which are independent from the four voice tracks.

Also, ramp up and ramp down curves for the LFOs would be great.
Read next entry!

You can mess with the master FX using CC.
You can either go thru out to and back from your DAW (if you wanna filter midi and avoid loop). Or loop back.

LFO: there is ramp down. If you wanna ramp up, invert it with negative value.

2 Likes

Thank you for the hints, you’re totally right. I was to tired to notice the saw curve. Regarding the FX control, absolutely, CC from the Octatrack should work out nicely. Time to come home to give it a try. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Arp for MIDI tracks please! My Sub Phatty wants to sing.

2 Likes

All the above mentioned plus:

-stable OS with no more freezing or weird behaviour
-deeper synthesis with OB? (more alg, more env, etc)
-overall Gate Time!
-mini mixer with faders like on A4

Oh and some randomizer for patterns!

2 Likes