Digitone feature requests!

Nah, I don’t think they’ve got this in mind at all… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It has never freeze on me, maybe I haven’t used it hard enough? I’ve gotten the annoying DSP boot failure error when turning it on around 10 times since I got it though.

I would have returned it after the 2nd or 3rd boot failure.

1 Like

Since I’m a programmer, I get things after a couple of patches to avoid problems (e.g. I update my laptop’s OS at least after the first patch releases are out). But in this case I got the Digitone on release, so I was prepared for some frustration. On the other hand, with the Digitakt, I got one after all major bugs were patched. I guess it’s a matter of expectations.

I would like MIDI CC’s for the Arp page, and perhaps a “Request All CCs” command like on the OT

Midi control over fill mode please! And over next and previous pattern. Guitar players will be grateful to be able to play a lick or two in between button-click storms

2 Likes

(Well, not specifically just for Digitone…)

-Plus and minus trigs.
-> trigs that add or subtract from parameter values.

-iOS overbridge

• New LFO Mode: “transport/track”, currently it’s either free-running or note-based. Would be nice if it could start with the pattern/sequence.
  • Option to apply new Scale/Key settings to all tracks.
  • Forward incoming Pitchbend/Modwheel messages to OUT (doesn’t matter if the machine can’t handle or record it, but in a chain this “roadblock” is really annoying, just let it through and never filter it out, unless PB/MW knob in SRC is activated for that channel)
  • Automatically preview sounds while scrolling down the list. Pressing FN+YES every time is tedious. You could detect fast scrolling and disable it temporarily to save RAM from being flooded, but if i go slow, tapping DOWN arrow one by one, it would be nice if the sound would trigger itself.
  • Would be nice if we could modulate/trig “Transpose”.
1 Like

Your first request is possible.

Parameter locking for arp settings.

4 Likes

A La MM

1 Like

I like the different arp resolutions because I can program trap style hi hats that way. I just realized a work around could be to have multiple versions of the same patch, with different arp resolutions and just sample flip them.

1 Like

Hello folks, would it be possible to achieve the microtuning function (like the Yamaha synthesizers) to have many types of Middle Eastern musical styles scale? I want something of different than the equal temperment

Let me know,
Thanks!!

Elektron have never implemented tuning tables/scales in any of their synths

Microtuning on the Digitone would make it the master FM ruler of the new world !!!

1 Like

It would be helpful to have some indication of the current position of the arp.

On the Analog 4, when in the arp setup menu, the arp’s active trigs light halfway, and the trig currently active in the arp lights fully. This wouldn’t work on the digitone as the trigs are the keyboard, but maybe there is another way.

Perhaps on the digitone, the position markers on the bottom of the arp page could be animated. Filling in the centre of the active step if it is default open, or opening it if it is the 1st, 5th, 9th, or 13th step of the arp sequence.

Finally got my hands on a DN today while I wait for mine in the mail. My original feature requests still stand (from when I only read the manual and saw what other people were missing). Immediately, the things I feel we need are:

1. P-lockable arp
  2. MIDI arp (seriously, wtf?)
  3. Per track speeds
  4. P-lockable FX (like the A4)
  5. A MIDI loopback feature to allow the MIDI tracks to control the sequencer a la my “crazy sequencer idea” thread
  6. Kits!
  7. The ability to play the sequencer back, forward, and randomize AND copy a pattern/page in reverse
  8. Seriously, how is there not a MIDI arp!??!
  9. Ability to use all 16 keys for chromatic playing
  10. AMP decay should be a ratio of the note length. I noticed that if the decay was longer than the note length, you’d get the clicks as if you stopped a sample before it hit 0.

I’m sure I’ll find more come Tuesday (when mine comes and I ignore friends and family for a week), but I was pretty impressed today with how it sounded.

1 Like

Use a release of around 4 or so, it shouldn’t be noticeable but will eliminate the clicks.

I don’t think the decay should be dependent on note length; sometimes I use a short decay with a long release to fake a “drum” style of note action, where a short press lets the note ring out but a long press acts as though you’re striking a drum, then immediately muting it.

2 Likes

I’ll check that out.

It always surprises me when I hear claims of Elektron having unrivalled sequencers, when they are all omitting such obvious functionality

8 Likes