Digitakt Overbridge

It’s Overbridge 9000

4 Likes

Was it later in the year, or later in A year?

1 Like

Stupid Smarch weather!

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

3 Likes

I see i found your ‘moralistic mode’ button :wink:
My post was just a wink at impatient users. If you would quote it as whole then you would know that.

Lesson learned. I’ll scale back on tongue in cheek comments in the future in such sensitive areas.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s true. I’ve had a few times where my tongue in cheek comments didn’t fly. It’s a great forum in all other ways but that :wink:

3 Likes

Jesus wept.

1 Like

Totally justified
Don’t have a DT but I would be pissed to still not have Overbridge.
Elektron need to at least work on their PR skills

7 Likes

Back to the matter at hand- overbridge.

I was just thinking about the midi assigning capability of the machine and saw an opportunity for excellence(since I’m primarily going to use it to sequence software instruments). If you can assign the midi channels/CCs via Overbridge panel- that would be excellent! No need to constantly dial in and fiddle with syncing the control surface and be able to get to it! Glorious!

Not to mention the possibility to send sounds from Ableton right into the DT for mangling. The idea I’ve got is putting the DT channels into a drum rack along with the 8 channels of Micro-tonic and have an internal makeshift MDUW(until its modernized OB enabled mk3 replacement :slight_smile: )

Half Life 3 will be announced the same time the silver mk3s are announced :smiley:

Yeah, it’s great! I’ve tried messing around with it on push- and it sounds great. Kinda difficult to p-lock it in a similar fashion as with Elektron hardware, because of the way Microtonic sits in a drum rack(all the parameters stay on one drum pad so hitting a different voice removes all the parameters accessible. A little disappointing. You’ve got 127 accessible parameters for the first voice, and 0 for the other 7- stressful) BUT with the DT you could easily divvy out the editable parameters- which will make micro-tonic more streamlined and fulfilling.

Damn, damn cool VST though

Ah! DT seems too useful overall above anything else- and True Elektron style p-locking applies to the insane drum synthesis of MT that just barely trails MDUW is just too perfect(not to mention- the DT along with multitracking(I suppose bypassing the drum rack notion?) will turn Microtonic into an immediate 6 voice monosynth.

1 Like

Yeah! I recently came to the realization that I can augment my Digitakt’s sampling with a MIDI controlled VST drum machine which would, hopefully, prevent me from shelling out for an Analog Rytm! The question is which VST? You guys seem to like Microtonic which has a great reputation…does anyone have an opinion on it vs something like Tremor?

With the MDUW being my favorite drum machine ever, I find Microtonic’s synthesis to be a close 2nd to it(in some ways it trumps the MDUW because it’s very sandpatchy in that all the parameters are available instead of select parameters based on engine) but I like crisp wild percussion’s which is why my heart is with Microtonic- you being interested in the RYTM I reckon you want something a bit beefier- in which case I have no idea about that- sorry, but those are my thoughts on Microtonic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let’s try to keep things more on topic peeps, people get excited by activity (especially) on this thread :thup:

6 Likes

we need overbridge and backup… I was actually looking at my Digitakt today thinking should I sell it and buy a secondhand one later if/when overbridge is out. i then slapped myself and re-evaluated my life.
Decided i will keep the digitakt.
But i do need overbridge and backup soon… my digitakt is almost full and I dont want to randomly delete samples and break projects…

3 Likes

the tipping point.

Managing the Big Data on the plus drive backup and project management / arrangement.
I would love to be able to shuffle my project patterns around in OB also. Similarly rename sounds and not break the pattern would be grand.

2 Likes

Technically we don’t need Overbridge for that, we just need a few SysEx commands. I’ve got it all coded… I’m just waiting for the SysEx support:

11 Likes

Yeah cool, your Alpha is amazing and great that it can be done without a massive piece of bulky software. Really great way to visualise a Project and all the samples. Do you think you can view the whole + drive and menus on them outside of a project? ie the incoming, factory, etc?