Digitakt Overbridge

At the risk of opening Pandora’s box…
I am really looking forward to this!
I don’t expect a definite ETA though.

Would Elektron consider getting pre-orders for the premium version?
Just in case it would help fund its development.
I have read the ‘Mythical man-month’ though so not suggesting there is a magic solution to speed up development.

1 Like

So I know there’s still bugs to fix, features to implement. With that said, when can we expect to see some beta testing of Overbridge + Digitakt?

Additionally what features do we think are going to be available via overbridge? I’m expecting more then just tracking out if they are still going to be charging users for this?

Thoughts, opinions, hopes dreams?

My hopes and dreams:

• Stream the eight internal tracks to separate DAW tracks (24 bit/48 kHz)
  • Digitakt sequencer/DAW sync

Other bells and whistles are irrelevant if this isn’t stabile and working properly. The amount of expectations on OB is huge and people do dream up all kinds of features but at the end of the day it’s better to have a few core features working then lots of stuff that is half baked or “only” works in Ableton.

2 Likes

Dear Elektron,

Can you please give us ANY indication of when we can use Overdrive with Digitakt?

thanks

3 Likes

No doubt. I’m super excited about these 2 features. It will bring the DT to a new level for those wanting to work that way.

Anything??? :confused:

Something: “Later this year”

1 Like

The manual says overbridge support will come with the implementation of digitakt 1.10 firmware. While not an exact timeline it is some kind of indicator when it’s coming. I would guess the are hoping to eliminate all hardware bugs by 1.10 before overbridge bringing the possibility of more bugs

I can’t wait to see what Elektron come up with regarding OB. Not a make/break kinda deal, but I wonder if DT’s sampling capabilities could lead to some extended OB functionality.

I’m pretty sold on the DT, I’m just waiting on OB to really move on it <3

sorry to bump this thread but… has there been any info regarding OSX version compatibility? wondering if it will work with OSX 10.9.5… since Analog Heat is useless on that OS

1 Like

Still really want this before I can confidently move on getting a DT- I believe the sundae of my studio will be complete(minus an OP-1 cherry on top) with this- but I’m a lousy producer and I need the multitracking.

^-sorry for the bit of venting up there- I’m sure they’re working hard on getting it up and running. Lot of things to get together as it’s the first OB device that’s able to sample AND midi sequence(even via USB) so I’m sure there’s an element of precision that needs to be executed before it can be released. <3

I can’t wait, but have to <\3

If I can’t multi-track it into my DAW, it’s pretty much a toy(and an expensive one at that)

I wondered that for the OT as well. Perhaps it wasn’t worth saving the money on old-style USBs for a $1300 instrument? Perhaps midi over USB? Perhaps they’re not convinced the OTmk2 WON’T have OB(maybe they were inspired by @Rusty 's OE and want to work with him to develop it)?

Who knows?

3 Likes

or you could write all your stuff on it now and by the time you’ve a set or ep or whatever written OB should hopefully be out.

and on that note, I’m pretty much finished my new set & ep… plEase bring out OB sooooon :€

3 Likes

Checks email… no email :expressionless:

3 Likes

They must not know what they’re missing :frowning:

I’m hoping for NOverbridgeber

1 Like

You hope for Novemberbridge? I bet it will be Overfebrurary :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Decembridge!!!

1 Like

Overduebridge :alien:

8 Likes