Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

RELAX everybody! The DT is great on it’s own, and if there was no OverBrige available you wouldn’t miss it. Elektron have gone the extra mile for us and I, for one, don’t mind waiting for it.

Not at least until I tried to get my samples off of the unit.

NOT TRUE!
If it will do what promissed there‘s a lot to miss!

Getting samples off DT shouldn‘t be tied to OB!
Something essential like this should be running without aditional software and since shipping to customers!

5 Likes

We’re now in March, when am I going to be able to back up music?

Man, I hope they surprise us soon…My A4 MkII is just sitting next to me for few months now…

It’s good this is still on the A4 MkII page
When the software doesn’t exist

2 Likes

Agreed, they should really have removed the reference to OB from the website and packaging by now.

3 Likes

Hmmm, much discussion here about the use of overbridge for Digitakt.
But my last post got moved to the digitakt thread… which is not very frequently visited…

So let me put it like this:
I am totally disapointed.
If Elektron don’t get Overbridge working… they should think about other ways to keep at least some of their promises…

2 Likes

Was reading the Digitakt manual and came across this on page 18…

“N.B. You must have Digitakt OS 1.10 or later, and Overbridge 1.20 or later to run Overbridge with Digitakt.”

What’s the betting we get OB 1.20 in June and Digitakt OS 1.10 in December?

2 Likes

June and December 2019 !!! I’m game

1 Like

Dear Elektron,

Give us an update on the status of Overbridge development.
I bought Digitakt at the beginning of it’s sales, and I trusted in “OB will be available by the end of 2017” advertisement you had on your website. The situation looks really sh*t now… We don’t even have an approximate date for OB release.

Digitakt is a great device, but without individual outs and ability to back up your work it’s not of much use to me really. Roland TR-8s looks very appealing now, and if Elektron keeps being silent regarding OB situation I’m sure I’ll swap my DT for it soon

8 Likes

Which promises? It seems like Overbridge is kind of a special case where Elektron promised a really powerful integration capability that people understandably view as part of the (currently missing) value of products they bought. Is there anything else in the same category, or even close to it?

Oh dear… I bought Rytm2 and was eagerly waiting for Overbridge2. Let’s hope it won’t take too long. Meanwhile I dig deeper into my first drum machine.

Yeah at least some kind of update would be nice. Is it even going to be released in March?

It’s absolutely possible it’ll be released in March. By the sound of the last update we got on the topic I would say it doesn’t look good for 2018, though.

14 Likes

LOL :rofl:

If it ends up being 2019 I’ll have a £200 DT by christmas

2 Likes

What exactly are you basing this on?

is joke

Past experience (OB has been pushed back a couple of times) and the fact that this time there is not even a guesstimated time of arrival in conjunction with the statement that they had/have to rewrite substantial parts. Also, these days it takes Elektron forever to deal with severe bugs that are close to being showstoppers. It’s become a running joke.

6 Likes