Digitakt Manufacturing Defect - Anyone else get this?

My digitakt was delivered today and I noticed (after an embarrassing amount of time) that the sequence keys are wrong. Who do I contact about this? I don’t really want to ship it back to get it fixed for such a small visual problem (it functions fine) but this definitely ain’t quite right.

6 Likes

Register on the elektron main website, register your product serial number and log a support ticket. Not the first time this has happened today.

2 Likes

after an embarrassing amount of time

You bet. Luckily, you can use 2 snares. :wink:

3 Likes

I just took a picture of mine and it looks fine.

Edit: just to be clear, this is a joke :wink: Don’t want potential buyers to take it seriously. You never know.

27 Likes

Saw one earlier that had 13 and 14 transposed

Quality control needs to step their game up big time.

4 Likes

Maybe at this point they should take requests. I’d like 666 please

15 Likes

Update: Elektron are sending me a replacement “3” along with a PDF of how to replace the tile, plus a free shirt for the trouble. Works for me!

11 Likes

Mine goes to eleven. -Nigel Tufnel

6 Likes

Uh-oh. :joy:

20 Likes

O snap! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

irl lol

1 Like

I double checked the trig keys in store too! Lol, guess I should have been more thorough.

Greetings everyone, first time Elektron buyer, long time listener.
So my new Digitakt is awesome and I love it, but my tempo, project, etc buttons are the same ones as the buttons below the knobs. Everything works fine, it just looks like they forgot to use the pictorial buttons during manufacturing. Just curious if I was the only one, and if they can be easily replaced. I did submit a ticket already.
Thanks all! Loving this machine.

3 Likes

I’m almost more curious to which keys mine will have than how it will sound :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Weird place for the power button… :sketchy:

2 Likes

Guys, just unpacked my lovely new Digitakt.
Wow this is a cool machine.
However i have 2 BANK buttons where i should have BANK & PTN.
Should i return it, how much will it affect my resale value if i don’t get a replacement?

Thoughts?

whew. just got mine. Buttons all pass the test!

• Open a ticket requesting a new key
  • Receive said key and free shirt
  • Get pliers and wrap the ends in electrical tape
  • Replace key with love and care
  • ???
  • Profit
2 Likes

Just got mine. While unboxing was praying that mine wasn’t one of those with a weird button placed upside down or some other crazy stuft. Unfortunately the NO button was placed upside down. Already submitted a ticked. For those on a similar situation was seems to be the solution for it? I guess I can get accustomed but yeeez…

:frowning:

3 Likes