Removing Digitone keys without removing the faceplate

Hello everyone,

Is that possible? I just received my second Digitone (sold the first). I had no problems at all with the first one, but my new one’s FUNC key almost gets completely stuck down every time I press it, especially on the left side.

The left side is much closer to the faceplate than the right side, but it’s the only key where it’s so drastic. Therefore I’m not sure if it’s a PCB mount problem or if it’s possible to just pop the key off and realign it? Are the Digitone keys removable just like pots or guitar knobs?

Thanks!

The key caps can be removed without opening the device (it’s like removing key caps on a computer keyboard). About removing them, read the following thread:

… but I would suggest to contact Elektron support first to get the instructions PDF and to ask them if a stuck key may be fixed this way.

2 Likes

Already submitted a ticket with a Dropbox video and picture… We’ll see what happens, I suppose I can bear it for now but it’s pretty bad, especially being the FUNC key… Why couldn’t it have been Tempo… :frowning:

If you are a tinkery sort, this may be of interest - https://youtu.be/krhmcrX-jKk

1 Like

Yea that’s what I watched before I posted this :rofl:

I have an anti-static wrist band and I’m pretty OCD so there’s a 0.0001% chance I screw something up, but I’m almost exclusively the lazy type…

I’d loosen the screws and nudge the faceplate a little
It might fix it or mess up all the other buttons …

More tension than opening any loot crate .

1 Like

No free T-shirt here… But I did get offered a free sound pack… I wish I could make them nudge it up to an Octatrack soundpack… :sunglasses: