Digitakt II Tips & Tricks

Many new features means new tricks!

I think it could be a good place to put some light on some overlook feature you enjoy for a very practical use.

14 Likes

I would love to hear about how page looping works.
Can you jump directly to a new page or does the current page(s) have to finish first?

Why doesn’t someone make a video ?! :crazy_face:

128 steps = 64 half steps

My first trick would be: use the 128 steps as a 64 half-step pattern with speed x2: you can get real crazy pretty fast.

Populate your trigs with the Euclidean sequencer, then use Shift+EUC OFF to turn the trigs into grid mode view.
Take a sequence as SRC:SAMP
Hash it with Machine=GRID
Set grid to 64 or 32, with maybe a LEN of 4
Hit YES, create random locks.

You’re entering d’n’b territory ^^

20 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

Page loop/mute

As reported in the bugs thread, it seems there is some trouble with page loops in live playing mode.
So far, I’ve mostly used it to isolate a couple of page to work on a sub selection of a long pattern.

It’s very fast to use.

• Switch to grid mode
  • Hold page button: trigs 1 to 8 now correspond to the 8 page leds. Trigs 9 to 16 are the page mutes.
  • you can switch to the grid view of a page by holding PAGE and pressing a trig (1 to 8), then releasing PAGE
  • you can mute/unmute pages by holding PAGE and pressing trigs 9 (mutes page 1) to 16 (mutes page 8)
3 Likes

Gah! I’ve only had my MK1 just over a year but these improvements are all the kinds of things I would’ve hoped for.

I need to be careful :woozy_face:

1 Like

Save a trig as new Preset

One I had wanted for a long time: you can save a trig sound with all its plocks as a new Preset!

Hold the trig, press the PRESET/KIT button to see the “Save new preset” menu :yum:

33 Likes

A dream come true…

5 Likes

They found a quicker workflow for this. But yes, it’s here!

1 Like

Chose a note that belongs to the current scale

This is a very cool one :point_up:

27 Likes

whoa is dt2 the only box that does this?

Playing chords

Need a workaround for polyphony on D2?

10 Likes

Ah ok I get it now. You can Control All notes parameter following scale by pressing encoder, hence make harmonised chords, that’s it ? I used that with Syntakt, which has diminish scale when you push the encoder…
So many ways to compose randomly combined with Euclidean! Can’t wait !!!

3 Likes

comb filter on anything - loops, single shot sounds - anything. Resample and resample. Hours of fun!

5 Likes

My constitution is fading reading this thread.

We’re approaching Only a Matter of Time phase.

Before it was waiting for trig skips

Now its When Overbridge has an official release :grimacing:

7 Likes

I’m really looking forward to working with that approach. It may be a bit more cumbersome to program polyphonic sequences across multiple tracks loaded with the same preset, but selective CTRL all is such a welcome feature to make this easier, and it’s really quick to turn it on and off again. In addition, chords where the notes are spread across multiple tracks have a few added benefits in comparison to how it’s done e.g. on the DN: Different velocity and micro timing values allow for very natural sounding sequences, and each track can have different values for panning, or very slight differences in LFO depth/rate or filter values, which can approximate some of the little imperfections and drifts of analog instruments.

7 Likes

Let me know how this goes. It’s the one thing that could win me over, as DT II seems much better for doing fake synthesis with waveforms due to things like a third LFO, an abundance of tracks, new filter plus key track and portamento as well as kits.

5 Likes

I tried it yesterday night, doing some dub tech so very limited chord progression, but it was easy enough, both entering chords and editing (possibly even editing the pitch for the trig)
Not as convenient as a dedicated workflow, but simple enough that I will be using this often.

Fun thing: you can have slides between two notes while the rest stays static.
And out of sync LFOs for each note :slight_smile:

12 Likes