Digitakt II Feature Requests

It most likely could but probably won’t anytime soon. Now auv3 overbridge… I think that could come first.

4 Likes

A big flagship version with extremely high quality knobs, a cross fader and 16 really good pads.

7 Likes

Yeah, auv3 overbridge would be incredible.

2 Likes

“You can also prepare tracks for muting/unmuting before the mute action takes effect.” This is a welcomed addition for live performance, especially with 16 tracks. But there’s still the human element of releasing the keys in time with the song.

So, even better would be “arming” for muting/unmuting that is quantized with the start/end of the pattern. Then, the “armed” tracks would automatically mute/unmute in sync with the pattern start/end.

A bit like Ableton’s quantized clip start/stop.

3 Likes

It’s easier to show than explain but I’ll do both. Here’s a video demonstration. Please note this is just for demonstration purposes so I’ve kind of exaggerated the use of Direct Jump and am just playing around - in reality I use the feature much more subtly but this demo does capture the main ways which I’ll explain below.

For reference here are descriptions of my patterns:
P1 - Main Pattern
P2 - Main Pattern with note transposition 1
P3 - Main Pattern with note transposition 2
P4 - Main Pattern with melodic arpeggiation 1
P5 - Main Pattern with melodic arpeggiation 2
P6 - Main Pattern with melodic arpeggiation 3
P7 - Main Pattern with all BD on
P8 - Main Pattern with all SD on
P9 - Main Pattern with slightly different drum pattern

So the first technique demoed in the vid is PER TRACK FILLS. Elektron’s FILL mode applies to all tracks and none of the their devices has a stable working live note repeat feature (the Syntakt is not quantized, and they never implemented it on the AR even though it’s in the manual). So in this demo you may notice me moving between P1 and P7 or P8 and then back very quickly to inject BD or SD fills.

The second technique is for MOMENTARY TRANSPOSITION or PLAYING PATTERNS LIKE KEYS. Moving from P1 to P2 and P3 at will at any time allows me to inject a note variation from time to time or even play a melody (both happen in this vid). Moving from P4, P5, and P6 is pretty much the exact same idea only instead of the note track having a single note it’s a melody that gets transposed.

Even without these techniques another benefit of Direct Jump is it is the ONLY way you can maintain off-length track relations while changing patterns. This is also demonstrated in the video - notice that my note/melody track is 3 step pattern and it stays on grid in 3/16 the entire time - I never have to wait for some synced change of 3 bars to make things line up (and this soon becomes impossible if you have lengths like 5/16 and 7/16) and I can inject the transpositions at will without messing up the 3/16!

And that about sums it up. It’s all about performance. One gripe is that you have to hold down the bank button the entire time you are direct jumping which really sucks (notice the middle finger on my right hand). Another problem is that direct jump is completely incorrect when you use pattern scale settings other than 1x (it’s a known bug that they decided not to address in the last firmware update :sob:)

7 Likes

What I mean is that the function to have the NOTE parameter snap to the notes of the KB scale is already in there.

On TRIG page 1, push turning knob A (NOTE) will go only through the notes of the selected scale. You can do that while p-locking of course.

11 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Can you sample a sound source and instantly play it back ?
Like, have trigs already set up, hit record (or record with a threshold) and have the new sample automatically assigned to the track once you stop recording ?
If not, then that’s my request ! I could make hours of improvised performances with that setup.

3 Likes

Nice! Thanks! I did not know this.

Although I just tried on DT and Syntakt and it doesn’t seem to work correctly. It always jumps by 4 semitones not actually respecting the scale.

Also is really unportable to use the push and turn every time. Personally, I would much rather prefer to have it with func + Knob for notes in scale and press + knob for octaves.

Or just the same as in A4 and OT which if I remember well is just a setting on the track to be constrained to mayor/minor ( would be nice to have all the scales in here obviously but still cool).

1 Like

Granular Machine

6 Likes

I’d really love more than 4 note polyphony for midi. Can’t do jazzy chords. Would love for this to be a brain of my setup but not with that limitation. It’s a very weird limitation too. Like we’re talking kbs of extra data here?

Why wouldn’t they add more polyphony? They’ve added cc naming and all that other stuff.

5 Likes

yes, 4 voice poly pls

2 Likes

16 voice poly would be better.

5 Likes

Independent note length , velocity , nudge etc on each of the 4 notes in midi track

Does it have a ‘hardware midi cc’ presets for bits of gear like hapax ?…

Easy tutorials for people to follow and lots of ‘faq’s’ for the inevitable influx of new people trying to understand overbridge and failing to use the search function on here.

Overbridge that can host vst’s in each of the output channels and master to remove the need for a daw

Configurable ‘random’ list so I can define which are and are not included when I use randomise plus defining the range of randomness on each parameter … or type of random ( slightly or completely)

Configurable midi cc controllers for start / end … setting up a mid point ( eg control pan on another synth) and macros of one controller adjusting multiple controllers

6 Likes

totally!

A paraphonic mode would be cool. And could be done without sacrificing channels, and much cpu, by just summing to the same buffer.

2 Likes

The feature is on Digitakt II (I thought that was what you were asking about since we are in the DTII feature request thread)

5 Likes

Would be great to have pitch quantized to the keyboard scale as a separate modulation destination

8 Likes

Scenes like analog rytm added to the performance button. Would be a cool way to perform.

3 Likes

Please add midi note output for the audio-tracks. It doesn’t need the super flexibility of the midi tracks. I’d be happy with a fixed note mapping, and I could even get by with a fixed note-length too.

I basically want to trigger video clips in sync with the audio-tracks, without having to duplicate steps to a midi track in order to do it.

Also please add mute-linking. If I mute or unmute audio track 1, also mute/unmute tracks XYZ (the tracks that I’ve linked)

6 Likes