Digitakt : External battery / Power pack options?

FWIW, I bought one of these XTPower batteries about a year or so ago for the same reason (convenient barrel instead of USB), and it completely failed after 6 months. It continued powering devices, but wouldn’t accept a charge, and I contacted the manufacturer. After a ton of run-around and persistence, the company wanted me to ship it across the country on my own dime just to see if it was defective. No thanks / never again. Your mileage may vary.

Ah that’s a worry. I’m sorry that happened to you, I hope it doesn’t happen to me. Some of this stuff is so flakey.

That said, I did enjoy running my DT and MC from battery today.

1 Like

Yup, this is large and heavy no doubt. I didn’t realise til I’d ordered it that I could power or charge more than one thing at once which I like.

It cost £75 and I’m hoping it’s worth it. I’ve had other chargers before and they’ve been average at best, so thought I’d pay for an expensive one. @soon_come post has me worried. That said, I’m gonna crack on and enjoy it.

This is why I still keep coming back to the Omnicharge.

The build quality is excellent: solid , as compact as it could reasonably be (given the good number of cells inside) and aesthetically pleasing to boot.

I’ve used it actively with different synths for several years - both on DC and, when I’m feeling too lazy to pick out the correct barrel, AC. Still getting many hours out of it either way.

There’s a review by an electronics engineer somewhere on the Interwebs (will post if I can find it later) that describes why it’s circuitry is a whole lot better than anything in its class. Plus, they were nice people to deal with at the time I bought it.

It’s a good deal more expensive than average but, given the variable experiences with other, more popular brands in this thread, it seems you get what you pay for.

1 Like

thx, bought two ripcord cables.
@jackio yes good idea but I bought the wrong one only with usb…

How about this? https://m.thomann.de/de/blackstar_pb_1_super_fly_power_bank.htm

Im interested about that one too! On sale at a swedish site now (emusic) for 599 SEK (59 eur)

Weather is starting to get very nice for some outdoor Digitakting :slight_smile:

so you have only one battery and you plug 2 ripcords and it’s done?

Probably because they’re getting away with it, more sales than returns, and when it stops working or doesn’t work it’s too much bother at the price point to make a huge fuss or even bother returning. Would never buy one, they look like junk, appear to be marketed as something they are not, and I’ve seen too many reports of them not working properly.

1 Like

Update: turns out both my battery and the MyVolts failed (probably unrelated but who knows, battery was old). The MyVolts folks sent out a replacement for the Digitakt 12V cable, and it works just fine with my new battery. They also sent me a reply clarifying that the statement applies to sustained usage and it should deal with the described conditions just fine. I don’t know whether or not those conditions caused my first cable to die, so I won’t speculate on that.

I’m also currently using their 5V cable designed for the Model:Cycles with success. That’s much more of a no-brainer, since there’s no voltage step-up involved… just a format change from USB to barrel.

looks like a world from Rick&Morty …or a super dark fantasy horror movie :grinning:

Hi community,

I’m really feel like a noob here, tried to find the info I need reading through the thread but failed somehow. I’d love to use my Digitakt unplugged for a few hours at least and am looking for external solution.

• I’d buy an external power bank. How would it get connected to the Digitakt? Is there some USB cable with the right plug to stick into the power input of the Digitakt?

• I’m not sure either about flying restrictions. I’d like to be able to take the power bank on plane - I barely fly but will in a few weeks for once. Is there a matter of the capacity of the power bank, or of technology? Can it be taken in cabin or check-in only or both? I’m in Europe and for now stay in Europe if that matters.

Thanks for enlightening me!

I may have found my own answer after reading through the thread more thoroughly : https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07PWY1ZL2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1ZK71SG13GHLQ&th=1

That should work right? There’s a higher capacity option but that seems alright to me. From what I gather I should also be able to fly with it. If you know otherwise, please let me know!

This sounds very cool:

ADP05 LXT: 5V - 2x 2,1 Ah or 1x 4,2 Ah

Same batteries for everything :slight_smile:

it will work! got the same with 20000QC3
take the one with higher power
this cable and you are good to go

have a look in here:

1 Like

Thanks for your answer!

I ordered the XT-20000QC3-PA as well, indeed. Doesn’t it come with a cable that fits the Digitakt though? I thought so… The one you linked isn’t available at the moment also.

Do you know, also, if there are restrictions to take this device on a plane?

1 Like

there is a cable incl. appr. 10000000 km long. and no angle

you will have to carry ALL your battery backs in your HAND luggage!

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

So, cool, I’ll be able to leave the power pack at home and take the Digitakt to the park :smiley:. I’ll see it it’s inconvenient for me before buying a new one. I don’t really care about angled.

Good to know for the plane! I hope these things are safe. I buy it to take the Digitakt away for my holiday, it’s definitely the instrument I want to bring, with an iPad. Then also for music on the sofa…

1 Like

Hi there,

so did anyone successfully powered two devices from the same battery?
say the DT & DN or DT & M:C?
what’s you setup like ?

cheers,
K

1 Like

I received the battery and it works great! Hello digitakt in the woods, on the sofa… :blush:

It is bigger than I expected, the length is more than the depth of the Digitakt ( I haven’t really checked beforehand) but that’s fine, should give a lot of juice!

Thanks for the help here.