Digitakt : External battery / Power pack options?

Ahahah it’s the Reno river just before it passes near Bologna in Italy. I have also found an incredible spot for next outdoor production with beautiful falls and forest, hope i can do an AV live recording there soon…

I guess you could with a battery with multiple DC output, otherwise it would work a DC Daisy chain I guess. If you take an XT model at amazon it should be enough powerful for two or three machines.

Does anyone know if this would do the job?

Doesn’t seem to have a DC out, which I believe makes it incompatible on its own (but don’t take my word for it :)).

You’ll need a power bank that can do DC out and do it at 12V + min 1 Amp.

You could combine that battery maybe with a Ripcord converter (USB 5V to DC 12V).

Or you could just get that XT Power battery recommended a few posts further up.

EDIT: this one - XTPower XT-20000QC3-PA (or the 16000QC3, it’s just smaller capacity).

Are you referring to one of these?

Was referring to this one, but I guess they are the same.

1 Like

my solution arrived a few days ago.

2 ripcord 12v
plugged on a

that gives me enough battery to play at least 3h for now. (I even didn’t recharge battery when it has arrived).

so happy!

2 Likes

Calling for some wisdom (I’m not very smart with the topic, or at all :blush:)

So, the battery works great with the Digitakt (the model is XT-20000QC3-P). Now, I use an iPad pro with this mobile setup. To do so, I use this USB. Hub:

Now, if I plug a USB A to USB C cable from the battery to the hub, the iPad does charge. But, if I omit the hub and plug the USB A to C directly from the battery to the iPad, while having the Digitakt still powered by the battery, the iPad is charging.

Also, if I use the battery for the Digitakt only and plug the hub to the iPad, and plug a regular power supply to the hub, the iPad charges.

So, there’s something with the combination of the hub and the battery that doesn’t work. Unplugging the Digitakt doesn’t change the situation. With only the hub and the iPad, no charging. Without the hub, it charges. With the hub and a regular power supply, it charges…

Any clue what’s going on?

Hi Plim, this Anker power its works so? for my digitone and Digitakt…i should buy two of this correct? and wich cable for DC buy it¿?

Thanks

no no. you need only one battery to power the 2 machines simultaneously and also 2 ripcord 12V>5V!

1 Like

Another noob question:

will my current powerbank have enough juice to power either one or even two Digis or an Octatrack with some ripcord cables?

Capacity: 24000mAh/3.7V
Output: DC 5V/2.4 A Max

Compared to the specs of other powerbanks posted here it should be fine but better safe than sorry.

1 Like

It depends from how much honest are specs from the manufacturer.
May be it won’t be able to boot Digitone, due to it is much hungrier, than other machines.

Hi everyone,
First post for me here.

As I’ve discovered the way to go portable with Digitakt / Digitone here, I thought I could give some insights on what I’ve bought : SHANQIU 8800mAH 5V / 9V / 12V Power Pack

Only 36€ and does pretty much everything : delivered with a double cable which can be use with Digitakt & Digitone together (if you switch them on at the same time, I doubt it peaks @ 2A but it works), does USB 5V / 5V / 9V / 12V for 30W max. You can even replace the 18650 battery elements inside.

I don’t know if it will work for a long time, but for the investment it seems nice.

doesn’t the DN need 2.4 amp? this says it only puts out 2. (but that is just for usb looks like maybe you have it connected to 12v directly? and 2amp at 12v is what the psu3 does. so makes sense. thank you. image|281x499

1 Like

Hi,
Yes, it delivers 2 Amps @12V. The DT or DN consume less than 1 amp, but burst when starting. Maybe the battery units are not top level too …
Elektron consumption
Using the right cables, it powers DT / DN + 2 Volcas / Monologue. It replaces 4 adaptors and leave a lot of room on the desktop.

thank you, pal. i will probably pick one up. i have a kingston nucleum usb c hub that i use with my iphone and laptop — it can be powered via usb c and has pass through power up to 60w on the usb c port (the other usb c port is power only). the usb a ports are 1.5a and 55v which is enough for my op1 and opz, maybe not my fates (norns clone on pi4b), but the powerbank you linked should play. i can then connect DN for midi/audio and fates to the kingston hub for midi, and the op1 for midi, and the opz for midi or audio. might run 2 iphones so i can record opz and DN usb audio and have more apps running. thank you!!

@NiKoV How long does it take before the battery is depleted?

Depends on how much things you connect on it. With only a Digitakt, tested several hours, but I usually don’t do full cycle. If autonomy is important for you, you can either change batteries elements with strongest Sony / Samsung / LG (they are soldered), or you can buy two units, one 12V out connected on the other 12V in, I bet it will work flawlessly for several hours…

1 Like

Thanks for replying, I was planning on just powering the digitone. For this price it’s definitely worth trying!!

decided on this deal for prime day. 20% off Prime discount + apply the following 10% off discount code NQJS24TS USB C Power Bank, AUKEY Wireless 10000mAh Portable Charger with Foldable Stand, 18W Power Delivery & Quick Charge 3.0 Power Bank for iPhone, Samsung, iPad & More (1ft A-to-C Cable Included) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088FKWKRJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_6OEHFbJPX6M6J

Model: PB-WL02

Battery Capacity: 10000mAh

USB-C Input: (Power Delivery 3.0) DC 5V 3A, 9V 2A

USB-C Output: (Power Delivery 3.0) DC 5V 3A, 9V 2A, 12V 1.5A

USB Output: (Quick Charge 3.0) DC 5V 2.4A, 9V 2A, 12V 1.5A

Wireless Output: 5W, 7.5W, 10W

Max Power Output: 18W