RipCord (12V) for Digitakt

Thanks Tchu :blush:

2 Likes

By the way, I’m a math teacher. Don’t tell anyone.

Music is all about math, ears and/or feelings.

8 Likes

For what it’s worth, the DT doesn’t require 2 amps, that’s just the max capacity of PSU-3. I think someone did some tests on the DT/DN/OT etc. and found that the DT required something less than 1 Amp. I think it was about 0.8-0.9 Amps. Again, I think all this info is in the other thread about battery packs for Digitakt.

4 Likes

Awesome! I don’t “really” hate it. It’s very cool and I use it all of the time. Most everything I create involves math.
I just struggle with keeping track of where I am with it. It started happening around Calculus time when my Algebra wasn’t solid.
I had to go back and take Algebra again to learn what I forgot.

I dropped out of high school; ended up getting a GED and then going to college for Electronics years later (which I finished).

My math issues probably stem from not consistently taking each math course year after year like you’re supposed to. So it’s me really. I would have graduated college with a 4.0 if it wasn’t for that stinking B+ I got in math freshman year of college.

5 Likes

Hi, any suggestion of a battery that could power the DT directly?

1 Like

Hi, I just bought one that seems to work great. I haven’t played with it a lot yet but it does work and in an hour I had about 9% of capacity used only: Digitakt : External battery / Power pack options?

I use this one with the rip cord:

I get at least 4 hours of use from one charge

I’ve used a Ripcord with a Dtakt, Octatrack and Heat. Works fine. As others say, just get a proper battery and you’ll be fine.

Same here, the ripcord with a good battery work very well.

I’m looking to run a Digitakt and a Moog Subharmonicon (12v centre positive 1200ma). Came across this thread :slight_smile: what could I plug two ripcords into? Home use, so not fussed about a battery.

In an ideal world I want to power these two and a ZOIA (9v centre negative 300ma) from one plug. I was thinking of one of these maybe? I’m used to guitar pedals and a single power supply, so this is all new to me

Oh, and hello! Im new here. Found loads of great info already - many thanks. Looks like a great forum. Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Bruce

1 Like

Can you tell if this is legit to use with ripcord for digiton or digitakt?

So I thought I would resurrect this thread with my own observations, having just failed to get a brand new 12v RipCord to power the Digitakt through my Anker 20100, which was fully charged.

Unfortunately it did not work, there was nothing showing on the screen at all. That said, my Anker 20100 is a few years old. So I tried my friend’s Anker 20100 and that didn’t work either. Going to grab that Anker 10000 someone suggested earlier on in the thread, hoping that will work. Fingers crossed!

I initially had the Anker 10000 and always works, I then bought the 20100 which sometimes works…usually after a full charge, but after that is intermittent. if you hold down the round button for 1s on the 20100 a green light comes on and that seemed to help , but not always. Might be worth draining the 20100 of all it’s charge somehow, by charging a mobile phone and then recharging and trying. But all in all the 20100 only works intermittently for me…I just don’t turn off digitakt when it’s working. Good luck with 10000, hope it works more reliably

Thank you, I’m going to buy an Anker 10000 tomorrow and share my findings. Was going to get a bigger one but it seems power isn’t necessarily a winning factor. So confusing!

EDIT 1: the Anker 10000 arrived and what do you know, the RipCord works with it to power the Digitakt! It does take around 45 seconds of power before there is any activity on the DT’s screen - this is clearly the issue of an additional power being required for the initial stages of bootup. Once life is shown on the screen, the DT functions as normal. I’ve even got it working with all eight tracks steaming on Overbridge with power from the RipCord. If it isn’t working for you straight away, give it about a minute and it should power up. Wahey!

EDIT 2: Turns out this isn’t working well at all. Keeps restarting during use. It’s not completely unusable but that’s only because the DT is so good at automatically saving. Waiting for a replacement from MyVolts.

For what it’s worth: the power bank must have an output of at least 2.4 Amps.
By far, most power banks use 1 Amp,
2 Amps, or 2.1 Amps.

Ripcord has the [ aprox ] $20 2.4 Amp version
& now offers a digitakt cable for [ aprox ]
$30 that will work with any output.

2.4 amp output or above is all that is needed.

FYI this was eventually resolved as per my subsequent posts - Ripcord sent me two faulty cables (and a third unrelated cable) before finally sending one that worked. However during that time I purchased the (far pricier) Birdcord which I wholeheartedly recommend - it powers my DT, DN and even OT without a hitch.

1 Like

Could you link to the correct bird cord that works with the DT and OT?

Don’t forget the 2.5mm adapter.

3 Likes

That’s the one! Absolute marvel of modern technology. Dieter, the guy behind it, is really kind and helpful too.