Digitakt carry bag or case

They fit with wires in a Carry Lite XL. I haven’t gotten around to taking pics of mine, which I will be selling shortly. It’s too big and heavy for me, but would be amazing if my use case (no pun intended) was different. :sad:

NEW Magma CTRL Case for SP-404

https://www.magma-bags.de/ctrl-case-sp-404.html

based on the dimensions listed, this should fit, obvs sideways). here’s a quik PS to see how it would look.

Hi Everyone,

I just ordered a case, and we’ll see how this goes :smile:

My plan is to put my laptop and DT side by side in this case, and put some stands under it (which would fit inside the case) to hold it at a nice working angle.

I’m not into guns, but for $60 with foam, this seemed like something worth trying.

I have concerns about the lid falling closed when I angle it, and all the hardware on the front might make it uncomfortable to reach over, but both seemed like solvable things I could work around.

Plano All Weather Tactical Gun Case, 36-Inch
Case

Best regards,

Gino

1 Like

Nice. Quick question : does it come in two fully separable parts ?

I’m looking for a case for a plug and play DT+DN+keystep setup, ie everything plugged together and preferably a removable top so the case doesn’t take too much space on a table.

Any ideas everyone :innocent: ?

I just made this one from a case i bought from a local hardware store. Its made for camera lenses but it fits the Digi duo quite well.
I made a headphone out in front of the case and power in with a power switch in the back. Everything is wired and ready to go.
Planning on adding midi and usb power on the front right side for a keystep in the future.
The lid does not come off unfortunately but its not that bad. I have the PL-2s as well and when I close the case nothing moves around.

14 Likes

Great case. I like the power switch/outlet.

Here’s my low-rent temporary case (Ridgid tool box) until I can get time to cut some custom foam:

The right term is “detachable lid”, sorry, english is not my mother tongue :innocent:
@papertiger @silur can you confirm these magma cases have a detachable lid ?

1 Like

Very nice!

Love the mounted power and switch, that’s what I want to do once I make sure my “long” case strategy pans out.

Best regards,

Gino

There are some Magma cases that have a detachable lid, and some that do not, even if they are the same model. That’s what happened to me.

If I were you I would call the place you’re going to order from and ask them to check that the one they send you has a detachable lid, or order from somewhere that has easy returns.

ok ! thanks for the advice, I’ll try that for sure.

Are you planning to add audio in/out on the case?

Looking for ideas on how to do that.

I’m having a hard time sourcing parts on Amazon, so if anyone has advice please let me know.

Best regards,

Gino

Yes the lid is detachable.

1 Like

Yes, I am using this kind of socket for the headphone out in the front and it works great! Just make sure that the threaded part of the socket is long enough for the thickness of your case.

Easy to just drill a hole and screw it in place.
On the inside I just cut one end of a TRS cable and stripped the individual wires. I used cable crimps and a crimping tool, covering up with shrinking tube. Works great and no soldering needed :wink:.

So the signal flow inside the case is DT OUT-> DN IN -> DN Headphone OUT -> Front mounted female jack.

For the DT IN and DN OUT I’m planning to make 4 holes in the back, or maybe on the side.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s VERY helpful!

OK - so here is where I am with my case…

Case-2

Case-3

The whole case is angled with a bracket under it that fits in the case.
I’m going to add the headphone jack next to the audio outs tomorrow.

On the right is a JBL Charge 4, and that’s when I want to have my own sound.
When my rip cord arrives (in a few weeks), I’m going to have the Charge 4 power the DT.
In theory the whole thing will charge when plugged into AC, and run on battery when needed.

Another goal of mine was to have a setup that I could tear down, or set up in less than 60 seconds.

Best regards,

Gino

3 Likes

I’ve been looking at gun cases too but I’d really like one with a detachable lid.

That’s a good call. I’m looking into seeing if I can modify mine to make the top detachable.

1 Like

I did it :slight_smile:

I was able to make the hinge pins removable, and the lid detachable.

Next up is the headphone jack

Best regards,

Gino

5 Likes

Great! Makes a really cool and portable setup. :+1:

an old Nintendo Wii bag that I never used to transport a Nintendo Wii. I always used it to protect a Motu Ultralite and a Monome 40h when I played shows. haven’t even thought about it in years. it was filled with random drum noisemakers in my basement. went on vacation, decided to take along a couple toys, remembered I still had this bag that would work perfectly.

2 Likes