Digitakt carry bag or case

Do you not put anything between those two?

no there’s a thin padded layer between them. the main pocket where the DN is has thicker padding as well. think the DN part is for the Wii and Volca pocket is for the controller(s).

1 Like

Sweet! Closet/basement finds are the best. :smile:

Is that made by Timbuk2? Looks very much like a mini version of their messenger bags. Solid gear.

1 Like

no idea. I’ve got a few of their bags and while this is very close in terms of material and quality, there’s no indication on/in the bag that it’s made by them.

1 Like

A quick tale of a case with pictures…

I’m getting about 3 hours from my notebook using the ripcord, which is perfect for an outside session.

No input, no output :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Gino

Here are some photos of my current rig. Took some time to find the best solution, but I can run the Digitone, Digitakt, and Keystep from one battery pack too with the setup.

I did have to modify latches so I could remove the lid on the Magma case though. Here is what I used to make it all work

MAGMA Carry-Lite L DJ Case… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077C53DQY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Reliable Hardware Company… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JJ18XIM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

POWERADD Pilot Pro 32000mAh Power… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DN0KBXU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

7 Likes

Nice. I’ve been looking for a nice case with a removable lid for DN+DT pairing.

Was also tempted to get one made by Swan for DT+Analog Four+ DN combo. Only thing I’m wondering is how to connect the audio ins and outs?

I have mine setup to from the Digitakt out to the inputs of the Digitone. What way it’s a stereo input. I’d do it the other way so I could use the sidechain compressor but the the Digitone would be mono.

I might also use one of the Art passive stereo mixers for live if I want to use pedals and only affect the Digitone or add in my Op1 too.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SplitMix4--art-splitmix4-passive-4-channel-mixer-splitter

Bahco makes cases that can take both digitone & digitakt perfectly. Perfectly as in you can barely fit a razor blade between them. No room for wires or other stuff though.

I guess you could take the DN headphone out back to the DT inputs for sampling purposes.

I’ll look in to a small mixer too, cheers.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip on the magma case, super happy with this setup for the digis!

6 Likes

Almost 100% sorted (just need to find the right cables for the U44, which is such an awkward thing…). I pad will go up front as reluctant Swiss Army knife. Completely battery-powered and portable. :smile:

2 Likes

Cheers for the monkey (and the case)

1 Like

That looks neat und customizable for 2 digi’s. Does it allow to use the cover lid? And the more important question: Where did you get that rack case from? :smile:

It is this one:

Quail Nest (5U)

The DigiTakt, Zoia, and Zoom are sitting on the 4u frame that’s screwed into the 5u nest. The DigiTakt can be attached to the frame using the VESA mounts, but I’ve just used Duo Lock since I’d like to be able to swap it out for my DigiTone at a moments notice.

I’m insanely pleased with the case. There is nothing else like it out on the market. No lid, though.

2 Likes

I think it looks really perfect. I am using currently a morning-breakfast-tray to have the DN/DT combo mobile — but this looks way more streamlined et beau. Will keep this definitely bookmarked…thanks for the hint @papertiger!

1 Like

Thought I’d share the DIY case I came up with. Shared recently on the Elektronauts Facebook group, but here for those that find it helpful. Info below the pictures.

Hi y’all, just thought to share this solution I found to safely store and bring along my Digitakt & Digitone, as I didn’t see it mentioned yet in any threads/forums on this subject.

Fits nicely in my larger backpacks, it’s very light and is relatively flat compared to other cases/DIY options I found. Inside dimensions enough to fit DT&DN plus one power chord (unfortunately no room for the second one or the instrument jacks, but I’ll just throw them in my backpack separately - perhaps I’ll try to cut two holes in the thick foam to try and fit both power bricks in the recesses). Outside dimensions 42x34cm and 12,5cm high/deep.

Cost about €34 incl shipping. And I think the product is quite internationally available through different online shops. The case comes with foam for the bottom and lid of the case. So I only added some foam that I had laying around to the sides, simply with double sided carpet tape.
I’m just a hobbyist, and will use it sporadically, should be more then good enough for that. But I understand that those of you that travel with gear more often (and professionally) might have more serious requirements for protective gear. But for those on a budget, or only occasionally need to travel, this might be interesting. Do note that there’s no rain/waterproofing whatsoever.

Question to end with: does anyone have experience with or technical knowledge of these kinds of foams? Could particles come off that might be harmful to this type of electrical gear? If so not the biggest problem for me, then I’ll wrap the DT & DN in plastic.

Case info: Duratool 17043H122.005.GPB STORAGE CASE, POLYPROPYLENE, GREY

Hope it’s helpful to someone, cheers!

Oh yeah PS: the DT & DN fit quite loosely height wise, so I thínk it should all still fit when you want to pack them with dust covers on

3 Likes

Just retrofitted an insulated lunch box I received from my work. Has soft foam wrapped in fleece on the bottom and soft foam padding all around the edges and top. The side pockets / zipper storage areas can fit power supplies and cables. It’s nothing official but it works for me and I feel a little more safe traveling with my Digitone now. It is a really tight fit too… Settled for the old AFX logo to spice it up.

1 Like

Hi there!
Here’s what I came up with.

It’s based on this tool case https://www.amazon.de/Meister-9095000-Tool-Box-460/dp/B00AYEOEVI?pf_rd_r=W8Q10KC88C0FPJQC1H3J&pf_rd_p=091853ef-5a24-42bd-b4e4-bba8410e5d5a&pd_rd_r=974c4939-225c-4278-9834-a788cb593330&pd_rd_w=bpMzk&pd_rd_wg=8wMQD&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

The top is being kept vertical by hinges but, because it was not designed to hold such a weight I had to add a rope to prevent rear wall of the case from breaking.
At first I was concerned that because Digitakt is sitting low the front wall is going to hinder but turned to be totally fine.

7 Likes