Digitakt 1.30 Overbridge_2.0.58.8 + Ableton 11 sync problem

Since the latest Overbridge and OS upgrade of the Digitakt i have a strange problem.
When i drag Digitakt or Analog Heat from the Ableton browser into a miditrack both machines are out of sync .
But, when i drag the whole track to a random track of session view the machines sync.

edit:
So , drag > drop to a midi midi track = no sync
Drag whole track while running to the anywhere of session and release = sync.

Update: After some testing saving a project in ableton, opening the project everything starts out of sync again, clicking a couple of times on Live stop button resets the sync.
So my guess is overbridge does not get a proper reset command when loading the plugs into live.

Edit: Waiting for Support , asked for version 1.20A to go back

1 Like

same problem over here ! with digitakt and overbridge latest versions

i got it to. but nic look on Digitakt software. :slight_smile: but sync is problem.

Yes have same problem it seams the vst isn‘t reporting the internal delay correctly so Ableton can’t compensate. Anyhow at some point it starts reporting dont know why. Day after it stops working and ableton crashing all the time!

Same here in Bitwig!

Is it on MAC or WIN? Or both? Only in session view?

Recorded via Overbridge on Ableton 11 on WIN 10 in arrangement view. Tight on the grid…

Win10 here!

Yepp same issue here. Digitakt with OS 1.30 and latest Overbridge on Ableton 11 not syncing at all. My digi is consistently like 95ms behind Ableton. Have never had an issue with this before.

Same in Bitwig, crashes all time after it´s get connected to digitakt.

Had another check yesterday night.
Really had no issues.

Abl11/Win10 recording in sessionview (tight on the grid)

Playing Digitakt sequences via overbridge tight on metronome and other VSTs (used 4/4 Kick)

Playing Ableton MIDIclips to trigger Digitakt and recorded that as audio -> tight on the grid…

no issues…

Driver performance ist set to MAX

Buffers not shure at the moment. Does the buffer have to match ASIO buffer?
Not shure… I will take a look at my settings… and let you know if interested…

That´s strange I´ll try to reinstall.

Since updating to DT 1.30 and OB 2.0.58.8, Ableton 10 in Windows 10, I have had all sorts of sync and transport issues with the DT. My DN behaves just fine, but the DT loses its connection to clock+transport. Just before it stops on its own, I am frequently getting weird speeding up/slowing down of the tempo. It’s hard to tell if it’s isolated to the DT, but everything sounds really screwy, and then the DT just stops. Its tempo also then resets to 120, regardless of what the Ableton tempo is, and I have to restart to get it linked up again. Prior to update, everything had been totally solid, no issues at all.

It is happening often enough that without word of an update I plan to revert, which is a bummer because this last DT update is so great. Any word from Elektron that they can repeat this issue? Happy to go into further detail about my setup if it would help isolate the bug.

Thank god:

List of changes from 2.0.59 to 2.0.60

Bug fixes

Fixed issue with latency measuring when changing buffer size.

Fixed issue with selecting an Elektron device as input / output in standalone plugins.

Fixed potential crash in all applications.

Fixed issue with VST plugins reporting that the latency was 0.

Will just hijack this thread instead of opening a new one.
DT always fails the latency measurement. Has anybody seen that and knows what to do?
DT is still playing but like 100 ms behind everybody else and the start / stop sync is not 100% reliable, sometimes working and sometimes not.
Already updated from OB 2.0.58 to 2.0.60 but still the same.
I have switched my audio interface recently, maybe that has caused the trouble?
All other OB boxes work fine and btw I am on Win 10 and DT on 1.30.
Any help highly appreciated!

EDIT: Sorry, I have found a better suiting thread for this, wish I could move my post over. I can not re-activate any Ins or Outs in OB Control Panel, there are no buttons. But everything looking fine as ever.

Does nobody know how to fix this?

What I have found out by myself regarding the problem:
I think there is some kind of interference between my Digitakt and my audio interface Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. I have already spoken to Focusrite but they could not really help.
So the problem starts when I turn on the DT. When I am doing so without DAW (Ableton) open OB behaves pretty normal and the Engine shows the DT as idle. However sound is gone from my Scarlett and not coming back until i reboot the PC (Win 10) although everything is looking normal in the system. No error messages or anything.

If turn on the Digitakt after having started Ableton I get this Latency measurement failure as described before. The scarlett on the other side behaves totally normal. However in this case I am able to use the DT - despite error message - I just get a latency of probably 100 or 200 ms which is not really usable.
Somehow I think the issue must be on the Elektron side because I also have DN, AH, A4 and absolutely no issues with them. It is only the DT which is acting up.

I’m still running into sync problems with Digitakt 1.30 (OB on 1.60) and Ableton 11. Tried everything (that I can think of) under the sun, messing about with all manner of sync/transport/latency settings in Ableton and in the Digi, updating drivers, reverting drivers, toying about with buffer sizes etc.

Still the inexplainable momentary tempo speeding up. BPM display looks normal, but it’s most definitely speeding up because I can very audibly hear things pitching up. I can’t even find a way to reliably replicate it. Sometimes it kicks in when I’m twiddling knobs/diving through the Digi menus, other times it kicks when I’m doing absolutely nothing.

The only way I can actually fix the issue is by downgrading Digitakt back to 1.21. Runs like a dream on that version. Solid sync to Ableton, not even any BPM drifting. Bit shite to miss out on the extra features of 1.30 but it’s nigh unusable otherwise.

Hate to stick the blame on Elektron but I’ve done pretty extensive troubleshooting and from what I’ve read across various threads on here and different forums, other users are running into similar issues.

2 Likes

The same behaviour here with WIN 10 and UMC1820. Sounds like the timeline from Digitakt piches up from time to time. I have the same Problem with the Standalsone Version also. Its drives me insane. Do you have any ideas?

Same problem here . Digitakt 1.30 OB is 1.60 and ableton 11 . Windows 10 . I have changed usb cables , removed earlier versions of ableton. Reinstalled ableton and my audio interface driver .
Tempo will speed up and go back . Sometimes it goes back to 120 and then ignores sync .

Edit: I did some optional intel updates for windows 10 on my pc and now so far overbridge is working in perfect sync in ableton 11 . Not sure if it just decided to behave or if this has fixed it . So far so good … So what!

@spinaltron What updates you are talking about`? I’m very interessted to get it running. Actually i can not work with overbridge