Analog Four MK1 OB saying "latency measurement failed analog four"

I have an analog four and a digitakt.
mac high sierra version 10.13.6.
Digitak version is 1.20 a and in analog four 1.40 a.
The overbridge does not work on either machine. At the top of the software, there is a poster that says “no device selected!”.
What I can do?

That’s not the same issue as is being discussed in this thread, but generally the advice is:

• make sure you are in Overbridge mode on the devices you want to connect to (settings->System->USB config), reboot the devices and your computer
  • If you are still having problems, uninstall and re-install overbridge (and make sure you are using the latest version of OB)

If that doesn’t work, I’d contact Elektron support.

1 Like

thanks**

I just solved this issue on my RYTM Mk1 by lowering my Overbridge Engine specs:
Fastest -> Rapid
Buffersize from 64 -> 128

It might be different values for your machine, but give it a try.

Here is something odd I came across, for Overhub users: I kept getting the said warning, when I plugged my (three) Elektron devices in USB ports next to each other on the Overhub. It suddenly worked, when I kept one USB port empty in between (instead of using ports 1,2,3 using 1,3,5). Obviously no help if you need all seven ports, but maybe some has a similar issue sometime.

Did you get this resolved?

I have an A4 MK1 and Rytm MK1 and Digitone connected to my overhub.

I can only have 8 total channels across both MK1 devices, regardless of the Digitone is connected or not. This should be 8 + 8 = 16 channels total for the A4 and Rytm. But if I even just select a 9th channel on either MK1 devices I get this error. It is strange that it would be bandwidth issue if Digitone can stream full bandwidth and it doesn’t matter if Digitone is connected or not.

I can have 4 channels A4 + 4 channels Rytm or I could have 2 channels A4 + 6 channels Rytm or other way around but never more than 8 total.

I thought whole point about MTT hub was to make this possible.

The issue is about how much bandwidth the AF MkI and AR MkI devices have. The presence of the Digitone is not relevant here.

Are you using 16-bit or 24-bit resolution for the AF and AR? Using 16-bit allows more channels than you would have using 24-bit depth.

Yeah I do realize that the bandwith Digitone should be irrelevant due to the MTT hub functionality.

Reason I mentioned it is that the MTT hub functionality works for the Digitone (giving it full bandwith) while it doesn’t seem to work for the MK1’s.

I have 16-bit set, with the MK1’s connected not to Overhub but to two separate USB ports on my laptop I get 8 channels for each device (as at 16-bit, 8 channels is max bandwith for MK1) so in total I get 16 channels for both MK1’s. So far so good.

Now I want to connect the MK1’s to Overhub so that I only have to use one USB port (USB 3.1 Gen 1) on my laptop. When I connect both MK1’s to Overhub they each get 4 channels allocated (so half of what they would get if they each had a dedicated USB port on the laptop). If I try activate a 5th channel on either device an error pops up that the configuration could not be saved due to not being enough USB bandwith.

And that makes no sense to me since the whole point of the MTT hub should be that the MK1’s can operate at their full USB1 bandwith despite sharing one port on my laptop. This is what I bought the Overhub for and for some reason it seems to work for the MK1’s the same way a unpowered non-MTT hub would, capping the bandwith at less than the max of the USB1 ports on the MK1’s.

There have been some mentions of this on this forum through the years but never with a resolution mentioned.

Do you or anybody else know how to resolve that problem today? I am having the same issue with my DT but however can not click anything in the main window of the Overbridge control panel except choosing my device from the dropdown list and the cog wheel for settings.
How do I select at least 2 ins and 2 outs?
I apologize if this is a dumb question.
Thank you!

Hmm, I’m not sure you can on the Digitakt. On the A4 mk 1 you can select how many channels are to be used to determine how much bandwidth is to be used (I guess because it was designed to work with USB 1), but I’m not sure that option is available for the DT as it is newer. I’ll check next time I’m on my Mac.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated!
Yeah, I guess that is not possible with DT. At least I have not found anything to change in OB control panel at all.

I am pretty sure now that my problem has nothing to do with what was described here above despite the same error message. Thanks anyway!

Resurrecting.

My AR has just started doing this. None of the above solutions seem to work. Any thoughts?

Any way to manually remove settings on MacOs?

Bumping - does anyone have a method for removing settings? I can’t get my Rytm working!

Elektron are investigating, but they haven’t yet given me a method to fix my immediate problem.

Anyone else having this issue with AH MK1 lately?

Mine has been working fine until just now. Change USB cable, installed lates updates, connected straight into the computer. It just gets the latency problem all the time. On WIN 10.

They r friging solving this problem since 2019… $1600 synth… Really?

Have you tried this. It helped me a few years ago?

I just solved this issue on my RYTM Mk1 by lowering my Overbridge Engine specs:
Fastest -> Rapid
Buffersize from 64 -> 128

It might be different values for your machine, but give it a try.

That wouldn’t have fixed the issue I was hitting.

Elektron found the bug and fixed it around a year ago. Current software versions don’t suffer.

Everything is uptodate: OB, AR MK1 OS. Problem still EXIST!!(((

Which specific problem still exists? I think there’s been several mentioned.

Possibly several causes of similar errors. I’m talking about the one which gave “ Could Not apply Configuration”.

I worked with Elektron to find the issue I was facing and it was solved. My work-around, was to load a really old version of firmware and then update again. Several other people did the same.