Digitakt 1.30 Overbridge_2.0.58.8 + Ableton 11 sync problem

In windows 10 update I had 3 weird intel optional updates . I installed those and it seemed better for awhile but yeah it still glitches out sometimes . Something isn’t right . :confused: Seemed to start after the last firmware.

@Donique Hey man I did a factory reset on the Digitakt and things have been working great for a few hours now.

I am not syncing with ableton . Have that off but overbridge running in ableton is syncing it . Maybe that will help .

I’m having the same issue. Went crazy trying to figure out why my drums sounded off.

Seems that Elektron is not able to fix it. For me the device is useless without overbridge…

1 Like

I am running the Digitakt in Ableton 11 on WIN10 with OBplugin. It works like a charm. In sync and position.

It is important that you totally deactivate everything in MIDI in/out prefTAB concerning the Digitakt. The plugin does everything. If any tabs in the MIDIprefs are active you may encounter interferences.

It is also important, that your audio interface is able to operate at a buffer size at least 256 better 128.

Then it should be fine…

1 Like

So for the moment it seems to work now. I will come back to you in a while if i’ve made a long duration test:) Thank you in advance

No chance, after 5 Minutes it happens again… I tried it to use my gear without my pc only digitakt and I was frustrated when I found out that i’m not able to transpose a midi track at the digitakt at all. So i dont know what i should do else without using a pc, i think i will sell my digitakt now or bring it back to the store. Its very sad that the PC’s are always a bottle neck in the setup. I dont have the money to buy also a new Audio Interface and a new PC/MAC to Test if it is working or not. But I see that I’m not the only one wo has this kind of huge problem with Overbridge…

Sad to read your bad experiences!

It seems to be a strange issue. Mayby related to your individual configuration (PC, Win10 status, interface, “1000” involved drivers, etc.) because others write “works like a charm”.

What does Elektron’s support recommend?

Have anyone had this issue solved?
I have ableton 10 + Digitakt on the MBP Pro 10.12 2015 Mid. And can’t run the DT as usb audio, no OB as well. If i manage to finally connect it loses the connection in a very short time.

Tried different cables, usb ports, usb hub also. Is there anything i can do more? (i have the latest firmware on both - DT and OB. :confused:

I seem to have the same issue albeit on Logic 10.2.4, running MBP Pro 2015 OS 10.13.6. Will sometimes work for a while, I still haven’t tracked down what exactly makes it work or not. When it’s not working, it stops receiving the clock information and is in sync with it’s own clock (play/stop buttons are working). I can temporarily fix the issue by switching on and off the usb config on the digitakt (overbridge>usb midi>overbridge). Will report back when i gots more infos

Same problem here, running the latest version of Logic on 2021 MBP 14. Seems like a lot of people are not able to get this working and maybe I’m naive but I thought this was a foundational part of the Digitakt? I just put in a support ticket to Elektron describing the problem but with everyone else dealing with this I don’t have high hopes for a resolution.

In a related note, if/when sell my Digitakt what would you guys recommend as a replacement? I like most everything about it, but it’s unusable in this state for me.

Have you tried downgrading to the previous firmware? As I mentionned switching the overbridge setting off and back on in the USB settings seems to temporarily fix the problem (3mins-90mins). What I do at the moment is just get it synced to my DAW with the section I’m working on as a loop, then even if it disconnects, as long as the tempos are matched it’ll stay in sync (until you pause on Logic or the DT). Pretty tedious but does the job. The issue is definitely annoying, hoping Elektron takes note.

I have not downgraded firmware and at this point I’m hesitant to make any changes which could create other issues. Did you have any luck with that? I will try your hack for USB settings. 3-90 minutes is quite a range!

nope, I wasn’t willing to sacrifice one of my LFOs that’d come with the downgrade, especially as I’m trying to distance myself from my DAW. Haven’t really had time for music in the past month, but I’ll be investigating more as I’ve ordered some new gear (new better USB hub as well) that should be arriving soon. Also for suggestions for replacements, I guess the Rytm would be the logical answer.

I was looking at the Rytm but the concern remains of Overbridge not syncing in my DAW. Ditto on the loss of an LFO and trying to distance myself from said DAW…specially after the last few weeks haha. Curious how (or if) you’ll be recording without a DAW. I’m fairly new to all this so still trying to figure out what kind of setup I’m looking to build.

I heard back from Elektron with some potential fixes for the OB sync issue in the DAW. Here’ s a screenshot to the reply in case it helps you out: https://imgur.com/a/U8gcUK9

1 Like

you mean in ableton pref menu?
in DT port config?

Higher than 128? damn. I run mine pretty low on Mac M1 pro and it works great (Analogue 4).