Digitakt 1.20 : Bug reports

all of those values are on encoder D. looks like you could have a faulty encoder.

hold the func button while powering on the DT, press 1 to enter test mode, and turn encoder D. if the horizontal marker at the bottom of the screen flickers when you’re not moving it, it’s prob a hardware issue and might need to be repaired.

2 Likes

I wish there is a workaround, but I bet it is firmware related only. Win7 is still alive, if not that hard, let there be at least a review of the issue.

This is a faulty encoder. I have the same issue on the same encoder and I haven’t updated firmware to 1.2 yet. If you startup the dt in test mode you will be able to see that the encoder jitters and moves on its own after being moved by the user. This is what makes the menus pop open as the dt is registering encoder movement.

The latest manual states that:

Digitakt remembers the last used version of MUTE mode and will access this one first
when you press [FUNC] + [BANK]. This also applies to QUICK MUTE.

However, this is not the case for me. Waiting for this feature since the very release of DT, pattern mutes are great but it’s somewhat annoying you have to select them manually after every power cycle

5 Likes

Yes. Same here.

1 Like

Is there a possibility to downgrade back to 1.11?

Welllll the manual is actually not wrong, but maybe not super clear either. The device remembers what mute mode you last used in your session when you go in and out of mute mode. However, the device resets a number of settings to default when you power cycle and mute mode is one of them.
I will raise the issue to the devs and see if this is something that can/should be changed. Thanks for bringing it up :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks for clarification! Yes, it would be amazing if this setting isn’t reset during power cycle

1 Like

Downgrading is not recommended. Please report what you find problematic and we will help you out: https://www.elektron.se/customer/tickets/

4 Likes

Are you waiting for the onscreen countdown to finish? If not you aren’t completing the paste operation.

1 Like

After contacting support, it has been made clear that the audio device is under the windows “USB audio 2.0” specification so it will work only on windows 10 after release 1703. There could be some workarounds but it seems this native driver [usbaudio2.sys] cannot be installed in a previous generation OS, but I am not sure. To sum up, overbridge for windows 7 works OK, new class driver, for anything it can offer, it needs windows 10.

2 Likes

A lot of dust on that DT, maybe pot is dirty?

This one works well.

But I use a different combination by pressing one of the Trigs + Func + Copy
It says then that pattern is copied. And then when I paste it with AnotherTrig + Func + Copy, it says that pattern is pasted, but nothing happens unless I’m already in the pattern I tried to copy to.
No countdown in my case btw.

Last night I was adding trigless trigs to a sequence for some filter fun. I would p-lock the Filt. Trig. to On. Then do some adjusting on the filter page, when changing the Freq settings the Filt. Trig. would deactivate. Also when p-locking the Filt. Trig. the LFO Trig. would also P-lock itself automatically.

Anyone else?

somewhat similar. presets on external devices don’t reset with new pattern anymore. if you tweak the hell out of e.g. a bass synth and want to reload the preset on the next pattern you can’t anymore. used to triglock preset slot on first trig to be sure that happened, doesn’t work now. weird actually. any thoughts?

3 Likes

some issue here. this destroyed my entire workflow. any way to downgrade? please provide a way to downgrade, elektron.

1 Like

That’s not new with 1.2, that was new in the previous update. Messed up my live workflow something chronic.

1 Like

I have downgraded a few times, just reinstall the old firmware.

where do you get the old firmware? i haven’t one laying around and can’t find it anywhere on the webpage.

edit: here is the v1.11 firmware: https://www.elektron.se/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Digitakt_OS1.11.zip

ooof, just tried it and i see what you mean. this is a bad one. i use the DT with the Bass Station II for a live band setup, sending programme change p-locks to the BSII, but now it wont reset unless switching between two different prog changes.

sending a looping prg.change p-lock to the BSII would previously reset the BSII’s sound to its saved state when the trig was played but it does not work anymore. it’s as though it ignores the trig if it’s the same message now. have you reported this one?