Digitakt 1.20 : Bug reports

You should not have to, and if you do, that’s new.

3 Likes

I get what you’re saying now about devices etc. But can you report that everything else as previously works ok, ie apart from the new class compliant functionality?

Thing is, a support ticket isn’t going to work unfortunately, as Win 7 isn’t officially supported.

If everything Overbridge - bar the new functionality is still working well on Win 7 - I’d call that a win!

Noticed something on the Digitakt.

When you change between tracks you are always put on the first page of a pattern. I’m sure it used to keep the same page so you can edit the same time positions on different tracks easily, assuming that both tracks have the same number of pages.

edit: I’ve raised a support ticket with steps on how to reproduce this.

3 Likes

I would add more to this:

1. If I put note trigs on Page 2 in Grid Mode and then change Track, it gets me back to Page 1. It’s super unintuitive.
    Why would I need that?

2. Page 1 + Func + Copy. Then Page 2 + Func + Paste. Why does it paste only selected Track instead of the whole page? UPD: This one is as per user manual

3. Pattern 1 (Trig) + Func + Copy. Then Pattern 2 (Trig) + Func + Paste. Works only if I switched to Pattern 2 before doing the paste operation. (Otherwise “Paste Pattern” message appears but nothings is pasted)

Could anyone confirm that this is unusual?

2 Likes

Works for me like this

To get the whole page (all tracks) you need to be out of grid recording mode.

2 Likes

I never had to do that before.

So what do i do when I need to record multiple audio channels simultaneously? I do that very often to emulate polyphonic synth.
It looks like auto channel setting only accepts one channel at a time.

1 Like

I agree. We shouldn’t have to.
It’s, to me, a bug. Very inconvenient.

1 Like

For people who use a MIDI keyboard into the Digitakt to record/play various synths MIDI’d out of the Digitakt, it’s super annoying.

I’ve experienced this as well. Normally when pushing the encoder down to tweak reverb and delay.

1 Like

Looks like the Digitakt VST gets loaded into each new Ableton 10 project I create automatically. I don’t even own a Digitakt - just da Digitone. Might be more of an Overbridge issue. I am on MacOS Mojave with OB 2.039.1

Tested on a triple boot system. Everything is working ok and as expected on win10. Win7 32bit and win7 x64, fails to start the new driver. Overbridge 2.0 was and it is working as expected for win7 x64. Regardless of the official win7 support, it could be an easy fix and I guess is firmware related, the OS driver is not getting the right input to recognise the device.

1 Like

Totally agree but sadly I don’t think Electron wants to go there. Maybe there’s a workaround… ?

2 Likes

Hi all, wondering if anyone else has experienced my issue. I am trying to receive audio form my android device to the digitakt via usb. I am able to set it us so I can hea the audio but the quality is really terrible and unusable. Anyone had a similar experience of advice? I am using a Samsung Galaxy S9.

Hey Naji,
i have the same problem as you but it depends on the app you are using. I got a Note 9 and by default the sound is very distorted. But when you get an app with Direct USB Access it works. For example Neutron: settings -> audio hardware -> Direct USB Access. Even low latency and 32bit output work.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

I’m using Digitakt standalone, loading projects… and have noticed that the fourth parameter keeps “triggering”, as if I’ve moved the knob (I haven’t).

I’ve noticed this in Amplitude (“parameter value flashes, Over flashes, parameter value flashes”, in FLTR (Rel value flashes, Rel-name flashes), in LFO (Dest suddenly goes to “Dest selection” and back and back again), SRC (Samp goes to “replace sample”, I press NO, it goes back to replace sample, i press no again, again back to replace sample menu)

anyone having this? i took a video, it’s very sporadic, but annoying when it happens (in SRC-view) three times in a row for instance. i don’t grok why this is happening or how this escaped Elektron testers.

Another is when I am actually selecting a sample in the SRC-mode where waveform is displayed, and moving 4th knob around to select the next sample, if i keep triggering the sample as i change sampleslots, most of the time if i trigger a long sample say 3-4 times and then move to a shorter sample, the first trigger will start the long sample playing. as if it “forgot” that a new sample was selected, and/or lagged somehow.

I’m having issues with using Transfer on OSX 10.15.4 (catalina). It can “see” the Digitakt as a midi device, overbridge still works, but connecting with Transfer just causes it to fail or the Transfer app to crash.

I have at least 2 over sensitive encoders that cause unwanted triggers, you may find that micro timing is effected too. It seems that some encoders have problems in certain areas, when they land inbetween parameters they flick back and forth. If you move it a quarter turn you will probably find it goes away untill you hit a bad spot again.
Mine has gone back for repair along with some other issues, if it is a regular annoyance I would advise you do the same.

1 Like

Thing is, I never had this until I updated to 1.20

2 Likes