Digitakt 1.10: bug discussion

im having a new problem where when i use trk+trig to select a track, it will mute the track. Never had this happen before the update. After that, if i just press the trig it unmutes itself

I also have this issue and I made sure it wasn’t a MIDI track. It takes half a dozen FN+YES to hear the same preview

I have two problems: When saving a sample but not attaching it to channel, it can’t be found anymore. It is simply not there.

Second problem: I can’t preview a sample after I have done something else in between (for example played a beat). If I go back to the sampling page, preview does not work anymore.

If you dont assign a sample after recording it you will have to go to the +drive to find it, if you mean it is missing from the project ram.

It’s in the “recorded” folder on your +drive

Make sure you select an audio track when you want to preview a sampled sound. If you gave a midi track selected you won’t hear a thing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m having an issue where the chromatic keyboard stops working if you change the octave up, but not down? It just reverts to the default pitch on every key if set to +1 or more.

Have not tested if this applies when sequenced or played externally… but either way I’m sure this is a bug, as that can’t be expected behaviour.

For second time in 3 weeks, my digitakt don’t switch on when I use the on/off button.
I’ve change the power cable between power supply of elektron and power outlet and it runs !
The problem is that the power cable is ok, when I use the old power cable instead the new, it runs too.

Is it a power supply problem or a bug ?
Yesterday, digitakt has reboot when i was playing, I think it could be a poor of the power suplly…

That’s because you’re out of the pitch range for the sample I think

Right … so if the SRC page is set to -anything on Pitch then you also lose those notes on the chromatic keyboard? That is ridiculous… I don’t see how that could even be a computational limit considering it’s just altering the speed the sample is played and not actually performing a true pitch shift…

Even not being able to take one long sample and play chords with it is kinda crap compared to just about any sampler I can think of… but the 1-2 octave limit on every monophonic sample’s pitch is kind of absurd.

Working with the Digitakt is great, but I have to say… some odd operational choices on both Digitakt and Octatrack.

2 Likes

You could resample the pitched sample, that would reset your starting position and give you range again.

I know but… whyyyy get distracted resampling and assigning when it could just play the sample faster so easily?

1 Like

yeah this is a common frustration with pitching samples on digitakt, would be good if the pitch wheel went 36 either way or more, re sampling does fix it but seems like it should warrant a proper fix in an update

1 Like

same with me. really odd. i thought this was being dealt with around 4 months back. i love the digitakt but the first trig not firing up is really quite a bind seeing as all os’s up to 1.04 worked. since 1.05… its been the same issue. back to 1.04.

1 Like

Not sure if it’s a new bug or an old, or if anybody can verify, but I’ve hit a situation where programmed midi notes are transposed 2 octaves up on playback. Have commented as such over here, and it looks like I’m not the only one seeing it. Notes transposed after chromatic recording

Hey! I don’t know for your guys, but if I have a track playing with a waveform looping, if I stop the sequencer there is like an annoying infitnite feedback of that track, even if I mute that track. I have to switch the playmode to forward and then go back to loopmode if I want to stop that annoying noise.

1 Like

does this happen even you hit the stop button twice?

1 Like

I noticed this too, but as of yesterday, I’m a new Digitakt user so I’m not familiar with most things yet.

Ok sorry for spamming, I found out what the problem was. The amp envellope was set to infinite. :confused:

1 Like

This one is hard to explain because I might just be still learning but the mute mode LEDs don’t make sense sometimes. It’s hard to explain but sometimes the LED state on one of the tracks doesn’t match what you hear, eg track looks unmuted but is playing and visa versa. Checked both mute modes to make sure it wasn’t that as well. It’s really hard to tell if a track is muted or not sometimes, idk if that’s a bug or not though

3 Likes

Yes, I have this issue also. Its impossible to tell what is muted or unmuted sometimes, I’ll select a track and a pad will look muted “totally unlit” but after striking the pad to “unmute” it mutes it and also seems to jolt the lights in acting “normally” again…
Also, I really wish they would stop the flashing of the pads in mute mode and just display the play head.

2 Likes