Digitakt 1.10: bug discussion

I don’t mean to be a Debby Downer (“Nobody likes a Debby Downer, mmmkay!?”), but is this really a bug or your, understandable, confusion with the workflow?
The mute lights are quite complicated to get the hang of and there are a few threads about the way they ‘work’ already. It would be great if there wasn’t so much blinking IMO, but this is more of a feature request (disabling/ changing mute state visual feedback).

Don’t forget that when you press and hold [FUNC], the trig keys light up in ‘Quick Mute’ mode which is dimmer than (press and hold) [FUNC] + [BANK] = regular ‘Mute Mode’ in which the trig keys are noticeably brighter and the mode remains active until [FUNC] + [BANK] is pressed.

N.B. there are two mute modes - ‘Global’ which is green and ‘Pattern’ which is purple.

3 Likes

Don’t think it’s an issue of understanding how they work. I’ve experienced exactly what mpicard and deepmoses have gone thru. Happens when I have trigs on every step, and I believe if you’re working in a higher BPM (I’m in 160) you’ll have this issue often. My understanding is that in mute mode (global for example) all tracks will be bright green and it will flash white when trigged, and when muted it will flash dim green. The track with trigs on every step will sometimes appear to be flashing dim green as if it’s muted, but the sound is still there. Once I mute/unmute that track, it goes back to flashing white like the rest of the tracks. Hope any of this makes sense :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The mute states can be confusing for some but they do function how they are described in the manual. So ultimately not a bug.
But they could definitely be changed to be less confusing.

2 Likes

They are definately a little bugged. Switching between global mute and pattern mute will sometimes cause the green leds to keep blinking in pattern mute mode (without having anything muted.

Also the behavior of a fast rhythm of 16ths is probably not as intended as sometimes the light will be off or it will stay lit while holding quick mute and it makes it impossible to see if it’s actually muted or not. :slight_smile: this is went the case in os 1.04.It’s not a case of it being confusing though. I remember my mutes so it’s no big deal but it’s definitely not normal behavior.

I think this is a known bug at Elektron as it has been reported since 1.08.

3 Likes

Interesting to know. I personally haven’t experienced any bug behavior related to mute leds. But they did take a while to get used to reading them.

Try switching between global mutemode and pattern mutemode with a couple of tracks running 16 steps at 130bpm+. Also note when holding func for a bit, then release and rehold, how those tracks behave. The leds will freeze. Happens on both my DT’s.

5 Likes

Yeah don’t worry I’m not offended, I will gladly admit I’ve only had my digitakt for two weeks!

I’ve seen the green led blink in playback mode when unmuted. That’s the part that I couldn’t explain but yea. Ok, so it’s a known issue, fair enough. I can live with it for now

2 Likes

Tried this just now, got some very buggy behavior. Shockingly buggy, holy cow.

3 Likes

Do you have the track quantized, or global quantize? This has gotten me a few times

2 Likes

Thanks will check it out!

preview in sample mode often doesn’t work

Do you have an audio track selected when trying to preview while sampling? If you have a midi track selected, even though you will be able to sample you won’t be able to preview the audio.

1 Like

User error :expressionless: hahahah Thanks FiFac

2 Likes

Think I may wait till 1.11 then …

After the ugrade to Digitakt 1.10 my LFO on audiotracks has only 2 MODEs working and FADE for LFO does not make any result, and the speed snap list is the same as it was on 1.08. Mute tracks are still blinking betwin wight and purple.
And I can’t upload OS back to 1.08
I need help :exploding_head:

maybe a new one , it is for me anway.

when dialling in midi note length , its quite tricky to get the value i want , its very sensitive to get to 1/16 for example , more so than on audio track …

and specifying lfo destinations is quite annoying too, the window reopens with the list of destinations while i’m not touching it , somethings the value reappears on screen, which normally only happens when i’m touching the encoder (i’m not pressing any buttons/turning anything).

only noticed on 1.10 , had my machine since they came out , average use , well cared for.

i’ve has some weird behaviour with mutes too , i try to use the simplest method possible (track mute) , . things got weird when i used purple ones…

but at minimum … every pattern with every step trigging a note with all possible amounts of parameter locked , lfo’s going , etc etc , scrolling in the menu system , saving a project … shouldnt slow it down .
UNLESS there is some transparent dialogue with the dev team on how things might impact each other and hints/tips. I’m not trying to break it … (although ive only seen minimal slow down in the menu system personally ).

I’m really not in the mood to start ranting about bugs… stopping now.

Make sure to turn on lfo trig if using certain modes. I think earlier os’s had it default to on but with 1.10 it’s default is off.

1 Like

Yeah, Thanks! Did it))

I get ya, mute lights are mirrored sometimes, I sent in a video of it to headquarters and they responded with its a known bug and working on it.

4 Likes

Awesome! That’s the only problem I’ve had on v1.10, otherwise it’s been stellar.