Notes transposed after chromatic recording

Are you sure no other note got set in poly? That’s the only reason it happens to me.

1 Like

I checked again, only the not1 is active.
when the loop has made a turn, there is a transposition of 2 octaves.

When you check the trig, it has changed two octaves? Is there a difference when you dial in the trig vs. using chromatic mode?

in live recording, i play a C3 note whit the digtakt keyboard (+0) in chromatic mode (func+chromatic) , i listen directly this note, when the sequencer loop restart to the first recorded note, this note is transposed 2 octave up (c5).
In trig recording the note is not transposed.

I noticed that, too! When sequencing the moog model d app from Digitakt it would play where I wanted it in chromatic-live-record mode and then it would transpose when looping the recorded sequence.

…can’t remember now if that was the last OS or the current OS. Out of town til Sunday so I can’t try it again til then

I’ve been fighting with this same problem.
I’ve got my DT sending midi to a Roland System-1. I’ve got a trig that should be sending a G3, but when I start playback it plays a G5. Likewise, if I set the trig note to a C3 I get a C5.
The interesting bit is if I just hit the TRK button to trigger the base note, it plays a C5 like I’d expect. I don’t understand why, but it seems like the midi note is always two octaves higher.

I’m also not using chromatic recording, I’m just dialling in the notes manually.

I’ve been trying to prep for a live set, but this is really getting in my way.

2 Likes

This is odd. I’ve not experienced this myself. But now and then there are oddities still with the Digitakt for sure.

Quick follow up:
I fiddled with this some more and managed to work around it. I was having the issue on both TRK-G and TRK-H. Clearing the sequence and settings to reset the TRK didn’t help. But if I programmed the same settings on TRK-A they were fine. So I copied from TRK-A to TRK-H and the problem went away.

Just a wild guess, but maybe some bad state information made it’s way into the two offending TRKs between OS version upgrades.

1 Like

I do have the same issue. Recording something in chromatic mode, and afterwards the notes gets transposed. If I stop the sequence, and then play it again, it does however play the sequence correctly.

1 Like

no solution found

1 Like
1 Like

i try it, it’s same.

I’ve tried putting the base note on C3 rather than C5, and then real-time-record… that solved the transporing issue for me. Now my notes play right in the same octave as recorded.

Anyways, if by doing this you still have problems about transpose, you should contact support then.

Another bug.

the chromatic keyboard notes are wihtout transposition:
C6# D5# F5# G5# A6#
C6 D6 E5 F5 G5 A6 B6

octaves up are ok

Well, that’s pretty odd indeed.
I think you should contact support, cause it’s not normal at all.

I got exactly the same problem in combination with a Novation Bass Station II. Very odd. Please fix Elektron.
Running DT on 1.10

1 Like

you have to copy your tracks one by one into a new project.

2 Likes

FYI my BSII was off by a half step after recording and I moved the pitchwheel all the way up then back down and it fixed it…

1 Like

Is this issue still not covered? I have the same problem. Manually jamming in chromatic mode results in the correct octave being triggered but immediately after recording the DT starts triggering note 2 octaves higher…

1 Like

I’ve never had this issue and use chromatic mode all the time.

2 Likes