Digitakt 1.07 first note randomly left out on midi start

Maybe:
If you remotely press play, the box wants to get into sync and needs minimal time for this.
That very first note that is sometimes mimimi is on a position, where that sync process isn’t finished - that sync process takes sometimes a little bit too long to grip if that makes any sense.
I guess: It’s not possible to easily fix this but with trick 17: nudge the first note a tick to the right.

It was something I actually didn’t know about running the DT on its own, kept missing the first step until I figured that out. But yes not relevant here perhaps.

Idk, but other devices like the TR8 do not have this issue… It’s a bug, end of story…

1 Like

Has there been any progress / fixes / workarounds for this issue? It’s super annoying.

When using Maschine standalone i don’t encounter it, with Logic as master clock i lose about 50% of first trigs.

Use microtiming and get a tick off, then it works, at least I heard so…

1 Like

Just encountering this issue now that I have incorporated my Digitakt into my hardware setup where it is not the master. No matter what is clocking the Digitakt, (Squarp Pyramid, Ableton Live, or other Elektron gear) the first step on the Digitakt is very often not played on the first run through the pattern as described by many others on this thread. I don’t have this issue with any other gear. Really hope this gets fixed soon.

1 Like

Just want to add my own observations: never had any problems with my DT (running fw 1.11) when it runs on its own clock. Couple of days ago I synced it to Reaper. When Reaper runs in loop mode it misses the first beat on page 1 every now and then. After stop/start it misses the first beat almost always. Tried to the MIDI timing offset in Reaper with no luck (I really thought its a Reaper problem).
Going to try the “nudge by 1/384th” workaround for now.

I have the same Problem here with Logic X and the newest OS on Digitakt.

Digitakt can’t be the master in my situation. (It could be, if it would send clock on the through port.) I have my tracks in Logic now start at bar 4, and when startet from before that, the Digitakt plays the first note. But when i want to start from a looppoint, where Digitakt is already playing, it most times misses the first note.

It’s no big problem for me. Nevertheless it’s a bug and should not be there.

When the Digitakt is paired with the Digitone, does the slaved device miss the first note?

No, this doesn’t help here :persevere:

EDIT: Maybe this is not really a bug, see here.

Don’t be angry with me, but I won’t put any efforts into this matter because I sold mine…

Same issue here. Any news on this going to be solved in future firmware updates?

If you move your first trig one tick in the microtiming, you won’t lose it.
Budget fix, a touch inconvenient…but it werks.
Sounds on time, alleviates stress if yer performing live :slight_smile:

DT firmware 1.21 just released…

Bug fixes

The first trig in the pattern was sometimes not triggered when controlling the Elektron device with an external MIDI clock, and MIDI transport was started.

7 Likes

:clap:t6: :clap:t6: :clap:t6:

3 Likes

where was it released? I haven´t seen any announcement. Do you have a link?

edit: ok, i found it. But i received a newsletter a couple of days ago and didnt read anything about an update. strange.
edit: :sweat_smile: i assumed that the bigsur update doesnt imply an update in the digitakt OS. Wrong! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice! I had no clue about this update. I have had some problems with notes not triggering when using ipad with AUM and DT, triggering the synths, it was especially annoying when it was long notes like a pad.

1 Like

Ooooo I know this is DT thread, but that missed trig that has been addressed…I don’t remember if the other boxes had this issue. Will it be addressed for them as well [should they need it]? Like the OT? Again, can’t remember if that was a thing.

Hi there, were you able to figure out a fix for this issue?

This was my solution. Digitakt is set as slave and had to set global Qunatize on DN up to 127.

I am still having this issue on OS 1.30, any other fixes out there? I’ve tried everything and its really frustrating.