Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

9 posts were split to a new topic: Off-Topic Etiquette Issue

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic

Initial amp Level on 107?
Something i havenĀ“t recognized on regular updating to 1.04 :thinking:
or known?

is yours not? Or are you questioning why?

I think itā€™s by design if the latter- that way you can still bump up volume if just one thing falls hidden in the mixture of voices

it is, but itā€˜s a strange value ā€¦
if 107 is unity ok, otherwise i prefer real initial values :wink:

ā€œcorrectionā€
itĀ“s not 107, itĀ“s 110, but still no value iĀ“m happy with ā€¦

1 Like

This one has been caught :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™d like to report a potential serious bug - but Iā€™d also like to know if itā€™s just my unit of if anyone else has seen this. Apparently, samples transferred to DT via the Transfer application (on Mac OS), when played back are 180 degrees OUT OF PHASE. See the attached photo. The top waveform is a 606 Snare sample I have on my mac, imported into PT. The bottom waveform is that exact sample, imported into the DT via Transfer, and played back through the DT, with zero processing, all settings on the track at default. As you can see, they are completely out of phase with one another. Is this a bug? User error? Can anyone else see if this happens to them on 1.04?

flipped audio output?
:thinking:

Didnā€™t they say they were going to fix the phase inversion? I think it has been noted, anyway.

Yeah I canā€™t find anything about it now! But I thought it had been acknowledged.

Been having a strange problem where a sample in a pattern has aquired a bad noise part way through its cycle, its happened a few times and seemingly without making any changes. If I remove the sample and reload it from the +drive it is clean again, also still getting duplicates when loading samples too.

1 Like

Cubasis clock out to Digitakt via USB is freezing my Digitakt every time.

I have had frequent freezes. Some times machine wakes up by it self and sometimes I have to boot it. I think these freezes occur when Iā€™m playing keystep sequences (possibly with chord memory) into the DT midi channel. Must be something to do with the midi data. Maybe to much of it.

Midichain is tr-8(clock) -> Keystep -> Digitaktā€¦

Iā€™m having it too, this noise in sample dissapearing soon as i reload itā€¦and sent a ticket about. They havenā€™t heard of it till me and answered that it could be a hardware issue. Now i know that iā€™m not alone, will report them tomorrow. Do it on your side too please

1 Like

Clearing whole pattern doesnā€™t affect your scale settings (global and per track).
Clearing sequence data neither.
I think no one wants to start a new pattern from blank with an odd scale setting of your olds

posting it on here is the only way the community hear about fixes , which is a shame.
just some sort of acknowledgement would be great , personally if i had sent in an issue and got a response iā€™d post it too.

after the initial flurry of updates when i got my machine , iā€™ve been a little disappointed that there hasnā€™t been more updates. when overbridge becomes a paid app (even thought the actual DT is a massively expensive hardware purchase) , i hope theyve improved their QA processes , its not good enough to send out to a few users and wait for them to report bugs , though hopefully , with elektron being in business for a long time , theyve developed their processes and qa side of things.

so in general , bugs before bags pleaseā€¦

in other news, i guess toraiz users arent too happy either , based on the reports of that petition to fulfil their roadmap on the firmware updatesā€¦ Iā€™m not sure which is best , get no info on proposed features and dates , or get them and still get flack from the customers.

Can someone check something for me, Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s a bug.

On the amp page, set HOLD to minimum so that it shows the note symbol (the trig should only sound while the button is pressed).

In live record mode, record yourself holding and releasing the trigs at different lengths.

According to the manual, Live record mode is supposed to override the note value selected on the trig parameter page, but Iā€™m finding that it doesnā€™t play at the lengths I used in live record mode, but instead defaults to the note value selected on the parameter page.

Is this a bug or do I have a setting wrong somewhere?

[NO] + [TRIG] key during LIVE RECORDING clears the trigs from a sequencer track, but also records a single TRIG push that will not cleared. i.e. one TRIG will always remain if track is cleared this way (the push that you use to enter to start the clearing) .

Tracks cant play longer scale than what is the pattern scale even if they are longer. If patters length is 1bar and track is 2bars, then only 1 bar of the track is played back. Dont know if is this a bug or just logic how the unit operates. Dilemma can be also easily overcome in some cases by changing the pattern length to 4bars to begin with while reducing all track lengths to 1bar and extending them when needed.

Preview of sampled audio not working in initial trimming stage. = [FUNCC] + [YES] in sampling not working.

1 Like