Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

Not sure if it can be considered a bug, but I sorted this out. You have to set note value to infinite before doing any live recording for the sequencer to use your note length instead of the length in the trig parameter page. Now that I understand how this works, it will help my workflow significantly!

1 Like

same here!
You also run 1.04B ??
There was no issue like this on 1.04 i think …

Yes 1.04b. I have not tested the previous version.

Well the pattern length is the overall length of the pattern. So it will “restart” after say 16 steps, even though a track has 32 steps. Change the pattern length accordingly. It will loop tracks with less than 32 beats and will play all 32 steps of that one track. It’s how it’s supposed to work :slight_smile:

Make sure you have an audio track selected when previewing the sample. If a midi track is selected, preview won’t work.

3 Likes

Coolio. Thanks!

2 Likes

Perhaps related glitch today:

I have a pattern. with a few trigs on it. The sample is a very long sample, and the track setting has the start very far into the sample (to just play the end of it), and the trig length very short, to just get the clipped start of a word.

Now, I can plock trig 1 to have a longer length and random condition, (getting the whole word occasionally). So far so good.

But if I plock trig 1’s sample start to something earlier in the sample… The first time it plays, the whole sound engine goes silent! The sequencer is playing, and I can see in the sample page that the samples are playing and doing the right thing… But total silence from the Digitakt.

Changing patterns, stop, start, playing trigs. Nothing. Power cycle brings it back.

I don’t have time to read this whole thread so I’m not sure if this has been reported.

If you press the pattern button and then release it without selecting a pattern you cannot press and hold it again until the pattern timer has run out. If you press and hold it the timer still runs out.

Now it seems that Keystep´s midi sequences are causing the freezes on DT, since no freezing after removing keystep.

Ps. there were some random length (short and super long) midi notes recorded into DT from Keystep´s internal sequer when “transfering”/recording-from keystep´s sequencer into DT. When played from Keystep alone into synths have not noticed any odd note lengths. I wonder can the start/stop/pause messages of keystep sequencer interfere with DT recorded stream of midi…

PsPs. Cant say that Im too surprised of arturia stuff messing with me (once again)…

I don’t know if anyone has already noticed that but I found two problems concerning MIDI:

• When you’re playing with an external midi keyboard through a Digitakt MIDI track to control and external synth, almost every time after a while the digitakt freeze.

• When you start a pattern with MIDI tracks active, the first midi note it’s like it gets retriggered by the following “step” of the sequencer and therefore it stops. You can notice it with long chords that they stops immediately. However, this happen only the first time the patter is executed or when you played after you stopped it and it’s just the first MIDi note, after that it works fine… but this is very annoying if you’re playing a chain of 2 patterns because every time it starts the new pattern the first midi note has this problem.

Has anyone noticed that as well?

1 Like

Sweet mahoney jehosaphat! If that isn’t considered a bug it damn well should be. Previewing the sample is one of the most important parts of a sampler’s workflow and should ALWAYS work with the key combo on the screen.

It really is not a bug. You just need to make sure an audio track is selected when you preview a recorded sample. It’s really not that difficult. If an midi track is selected, simply press one of the audio tracks and there ya go…

1 Like

But why should I? And it is difficult if there is no indication on the screen that playthrough will be disabled. If the screen says that Func+Yes:Preview with no indication that the preview is conditional on having an audio track selected, frustration definitely results. I admit that it’s not a bug like a hung midi note, or freezing, but at the very least it is an inscrutable and arbitrary design from this user’s perspective.

I understand what you are saying. An indication would be nice I guess. When you select an audio track, you select a voice from which the recorded sample can preview. When you select a midi track, there’s no voice “active” so to speak. So it’s pretty logical, but the first time I had this happen I also was a bit surprised. Never had a problem with it since then, as it is the first thing I check when I don’t hear anything :wink:

1 Like

I think it must be a bug, as the preview doesn’t have any of the effects (reverb, filter, :hole:, etc.) of the channel it is auditioning on. I agree that once you know about it you can work around it, but logical isn’t quite the word I would use to describe it. :smile:

Hm? It isn’t sending the preview through a track. It just opens a voice to use preview on. :slight_smile: at least, that is what I take from it working the way it does. Doesn’t seem like a bug to me at all.

Ah well, either way: It’s no biggy ;). maybe they’ll add some visualization to make it more obvious.

@P I experience the exact same issue with external synth missing the first note when I press play,but like yours, the same note plays fine the next Loop around. Depending on the patch it either misses it altogether or triggers a burst of it late. I suspected something up wth PC too but have it disbled on DT. The curious thing is that PC still works at a patch level under Src after enabling the
Midi channel, bank and patch…

1 Like

@P - my DK midibtracks lock up frequently, esp after recording from external controller.
One of two outcomes, either DK looses its mind and freezes altogether and will not play / power cycling usually resolves but then seems to corrupt the project making it more likely that all midi tracks no longer trigger external synth except for track 1. This is true whether regardless of which midi ch track 1 is assigned to.

I’ve also had the same issue occur where midi tracks 1-8 no longer trigger external synth, have tried with a blofeld and virus c. Drove me nuts wondering if the DK had lost a midi cfg setting.

But the fix is always the same. Init a new project and start over. Which isn’t much of a work around. If 1.05 fixes the cut/copy/paste issue perhaps we can copy midi tracks over to the new project without copying the data that is corrupting them? Or just a solid fix would be even better :j

Good thought but I notice the same issue triggering external gear from pads 9-16. if I have stopped the track or changed screens a few times the next time I tap another pad it fails to trigger properly the first time, but it’s fine after the 1st tap. I need to delve further into combinations of PC settings. It’s almost like the MIDI output per channel goes to sleep after a while and only wakes up halfway thru the first note.

Throw an update out to get this little machine in sync with the octatrack arranger asap I can wait for everything else :slight_smile: