Off Topic

Seems like they abandoned the DT for now and instead they are focusing on MK2’s :frowning:

I’m sorry for asking. Sure it will happen soon but do people think it’s coming out now that OT is sorted?

It’s possible Digitakt is now considered as finished - at least until Digitakt mk2 is released.

if i was elektron i would have set DT price point higher, maybe $950

I think it’s only right that people are beginning to get a bit sick of waiting for the improvements to be made and ob to be released.

I have been supportive and patient and ready to point out to others that these things take time and Elektron has a history of adding so much more than the machines were originally designed for, however we are almost in December and there’s been no word on OB, or the plethora of bugs the machine appears to be plagued by (I’m one of the lucky ones).

Just some acknowledgement they are working hard in the background on this stuff, would go a long way to placating customers, and would likely be enough to stop the grumpy posts that people appear to unhappy with.

4 Likes

the only ones making a living off the DT are Elektron employees son

All of this has sprung up on the DT bugs thread - it’s unhelpful when it’s so far off-topic for those trying to submit, browse and respond to bug reports - try to deal with the general opinions and feedback in other threads peeps

thanks

I think we can be confident they’re busy, but busy on what ! … keep in mind there are many many promised things which are not yet circulating and this is just the way it is sadly … so from my perspective there are older issues than the DT ones and you just develop a resigned patience - who knows, maybe there’s already delays in the next new product and perhaps the OT bugs or OB issues or Transfer app for AR or whatever will all get delayed a bit longer

But acknowledgement about timescales will be something that we probably won’t see any more - it didn’t go down well when OB was timetabled originally

The best thing we can do is provide clear feedback on issues (i.e. clean threads on topic) and keep tabs on what’s outstanding still - I’m pretty miffed that some basic pickup machine issues haven’t been fixed and I do wonder if the boat has been missed

it’s probably best to keep an eye out (and fingers crossed) just after the last of the promised new mk2s is released

i think some kind of public statement from Elektron is in order - i for one am not impressed with how they have handled the delays…not ready to sell my DT, but come 2018 if 1.10/OB isn’t released i’ll probably dump it for MPC Live

Why is this a hidden thread?

Genuine question. Seems counterproductive to only have a forum which has praise (or another of the million ‘I love my xxx’ ‘talk me about of buying xxx’ threads).

As we all know, and as you yourself have said many times, elektron read this forum.

Hiding away criticism doesn’t get the message across that people are getting more and more frustrated.

My comments were in realtion to the topic you had moved. Which in turn has been moved to invisible.

Yes - and even though it contained replies from an Elektron employee it was off-topic - we make no exception

This is a frankenstein thread full of all manner of off-topic noise (and trolling) and I didn’t want to waste my time finding other threads to place each post appropriately - if any had even legitimately been in the right place it’d be more compelling

Elektron can absolutely read all hidden posts exactly as though they were not hidden - so there’s nothing hidden in that regard - I replied to your post because it was a fair enough post (although very off topic) - it can also be browsed to in the thread it was originally posted to - if it needs to be moved then another mod can find a better thread to drop useful posts in or you can cut and paste to one that fits better

it has nothing to do with the implied criticism, it just happened to be in a cluster of off-topic posts - everyone can still read this … it’s just not a cohesive thread in itself and there was about 20 off-topic posts just encouraging more at the foot of the thread - often it’s just the easiest way to get things neater and more relevant to the majority

so many of the recent ones that we can look back on have all failed to be realised at the promised window of time - I think we’re likely to get less indications of these matters, sadly, not more - this applies to all products and for some the issues are quite longstanding

having said that, no feedback after slipped dates is about as frustrating as it gets, especially when you’ve been patiently waiting

presumably there’s a thread somewhere on the prospect/absence of OB for DT - post fbk there

1 Like

this is a good thing, if they don’t come to fruition, lest we want to happily buy snake oil

1 Like

That’s fair enough. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

3 Likes