Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

All the projects I’ve created have been under 1.04. Literally, unboxed turned on to check the firmware, plugged into computer and updated before doing anything on the machine. Partially why I updated before doing anything was to avoid freezing when saving. Other reason for updating out the box was cause midi is more sorted out in 1.04.

To date I’ve experienced two bugs freezing when saving a handful of times and midi not sending when turning two encoders at the same time.

1 Like

Copying the mix page doesn’t work. Maybe not a bug bug, but it should work, and doesn’t (yet)

1 Like

I’ve had a big crash while using two midi tracks out. The patterns and samples are still in place but when I press play all that plays is the sample in slot 2. Everything in this project is fucked including the sample patterns. Weird. Hoping the next update can restore/play the samples as I had some great stuff going. Really wish the stability was a bit better. A bit underwhelmed to be promised something and then to realize it doesn’t work. I need this to gig so hoping 1.05 will sort these problems out.

1 Like

Dear Elektron Engineers!
we really appreciate the products you’re making, i love the digitakt but…
will the audience appreciate it when they have to stop dancing cause of the unit that is crashing???
Isn’t it made for live performance?? I thought it would, cause this is what you are advertising.
I am a performer and i can’t get trust into the Digitakt, cause it is crashing all the time when i start working with midi… and it still doesn’t have back up. WTF!!!
Get this done please, we are begging for months for it to come!

15 Likes

I hope not too.
It was fixed on AR with an update, but i think only for the pitch note change as opposed to every parameters.
A lil hope remains

<3 THIS!

2 Likes

When certain parameters are locked to trigs, and you use control-all, when moving the parameter, it will still temporarily change the parameter even though it’s locked. Until you stop moving the parameter.

In live situations this is pretty problematic…

The problem is that there are different things you might musically want:

If I have reverb on a track down to zero, and one note in a pattern p-lock’d to mid-reverb… and then I control-all the reverb send to full - what should happen? In this case, probably I want the “max” reverb setting so the p-lock is still at it’s setting until the control-all goes beyond…

If I have a track with a few notes p-locked to a different longer note lengths, and control-all the length down - so I want them all immediately clipped? do I want them scaled?

Sometimes I want the max of the (control-all, p-lock) effect… sometimes I want control-all to overrride, sometimes I want the p-lock’d value scaled.

I suppose I’m okay with e. picking one interpretation over the others in the names of quick-easy-fast. Seems like it would bring a lot of complexity to be able to specify per-parameter? per-track? per-plock? how the value should interact w.r.t. control-all.

Yeah you’re probably right. For now, I haven’t come across these situations yet. In most situations I want the kick to be steady and the rest to warp for instance. Which is impossible in its current implementation. It also works in a strange way. It only changes as long as there’s knob movement. So if you pauze 1 miles from second the plock will jump the parameter back, so in order for it to work as you suggest, you need to keep moving the knob.

My intuition says that a plocked state, should be plocked. That way you can warp stuff while plocked stuff stays the same. I’ll make a ticket, I’m curious what elektron’s idea is in this.

I have a click appearring on some samples randomly, i have to reload them in ram to avoid it.
Usually a 2or 3 milliseconds after sample start depending its length.
More and more frequent this days.
Clearly audible

Encountered a strange thing today where adjusting filter/amp settings on an audio track seemed to be sending CCs to my SH-01A and adjusting its filter/amp in tandem… not sure if this is a bug or some kind of MIDI learn thing going on the SH-01A (i.e. user error) - anyone else encountered this?

FWIW it stopped happening after a project save.

What have you set for ENCODER DEST in the SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > PORT CONFIG menu? A setting of “EXT” will make the DT send MIDI messages when you turn the encoders.

At work now, will check later… I don’t think so though, as I’ve been sequencing a Minilogue and Minitaur for months without this happening (including in the same project/bank).

It’s crazy that they haven’t released a new update yet. It crashes every time I use the MIDI tracks and I lose work. Frequent patch fixes please Elektron! Don’t wait until you’ve sorted everything as there are often more tweaks required.

1 Like

How many organs would you donate to get OS 1.05?

Hoping that after such a long wait we will get 1.10 as next update along with Overbridge :slightly_smiling_face:

3 posts were split to a new topic: Off Topic

I sure hope so, my DT froze up just last night sequencing a Volca. Also had a few instances of stuck notes when flipping around to the Chromatic Keys. Nothing complex going on either, just sending some note data.

Same, had a random freeze today, playing in chromatic then pressing stop, turned it back on and it had changed my samples around :see_no_evil:.

Copying MIDI tracks does not copy the CC or other parameters. I reported this to Elektron, and apparently it’s a feature that wasn’t implemented. They are aware of it and are looking to fix. I asked for a timeline, and the response was not great:

Edited as the result of this thread:

2 Likes