CT-S1000V, singing synth from Casio

Casiotone CT-S1000V – Vocal Synth

Gas Warning !!

• 61 full-size touch response keys plus pitch bend wheel
  • Bright backlit LCD display with easy, intuitive interface
  • 3 assignable knobs for controlling modulation, effects, filters, and much more
  • Vocal synthesis with personalized lyrics via the free Lyric Creator app
  • 800 AiX-powered Tones and 243 full accompaniment Rhythms
  • Editable DSP effects
  • Powerful bass-reflex stereo speaker system with surround effect
  • Audio sampler and 6-track MIDI recorder
  • Strap pins for playing anywhere
  • 1/4" line outputs to connect to mixers, PA systems, etc.
  • Class-compliant USB-MIDI connects to the free Casio Music Space iOS/Android app
  • Includes WU-BT01 Bluetooth MIDI/Audio adapter
  • Optional 6xAA battery power (AC adapter and music rest included).

Main CT-S1000V Page

It’s a Rompler / Sampler BUT what will ( hopefully ) set it apart is the Vocal Synthesizer.

From CT-S1000V Vocal Synthesis page :

Innovative Vocal Synthesis

Boldly defying convention, the CT-S1000V does what no other keyboard can do: Speak or type your lyrics into the free Lyric Creator app for iOS/Android, transfer them to the CT-S1000V, and play the keys to hear your words come alive. Choose from multiple vocalist models, and adjust age, vibrato, portamento and other parameters in real time. It can produce choirs, robotic sounds, vocoder-like textures, and more. You can even create a custom vocalist based on an audio recording.

Vocal Synthesis with the Casiotone CT-S1000V

The Casiotone CT-S1000V is the only instrument with Casio’s revolutionary new Vocal Synthesis technology, which lets you create lyrics using a phone or tablet and then play them musically using the CT-S1000V’s keys.

Just type or speak your lyrics into the free Lyric Creator app for Android and iOS, then transfer them to the CT-S1000V to play them right away. You can create choirs, talkboxes, vocoder effects, and more with a built-in variety of Vocalist models.

Adjust parameters like age, portamento, vibrato, and more with the CT-S1000V’s controls as you play. The possibilities are infinite.

NOTE mode allows you to play a single word or syllable on each keypress. You can play lyrics polyphonically, which means the CT-S1000V can create anything from a solo melodic line to lush, chordal harmonies.

PHRASE mode plays the complete lyric based on your desired timing as you hold down keys. By using legato playing, you can change the notes as the phrase plays.

Key Control adds another very useful way to play- Select an individual syllable within your lyrics by holding down a key in the lowest octave, then use your right hand to play it however you want.

All of the CT-S1000V’s live controls and DSP effects are available while using Vocal Synthesis.
- Add a stompbox, amp simulator, phaser, flanger, or anything else to create a sound all your own.
- You can freely set the assignable knobs to change nearly any parameter in your effect chain.

One of the best aspects of the CT-S1000V’s new voice is that it can go far beyond a traditional one.
- Expand your vocalist’s pitch range by changing the settings of your pitch bend wheel.
- Add motion to your lyrics with the CT-S1000V’s built-in arpeggiator. Try combining this with Key Control for supernatural results!
- Use Retriggering to add stutter effects or create unique rhythmic textures.

With the Lyric Creator app, you can edit, save, and share your lyrics. You can even import lyrics from MusicXML files.

Benn Jordan has a video scheduled to drop in an hour or so.

$450 USD

8 Likes

Looks interesting, not sure I can sit through a vjayo by Benn Jordan though, he has too much Huang factor for me :laughing:

14 Likes

I hope Benn sends an Amen Break through the Casio.

Seems like a potentially cool vocal / mangling tool. My guess is that all the compute heavy stuff - beat detection, slicing, etc. happens in the phone app, which will be supported for 2-3 years and then dropped. Not much of a problem since this is just a $450 device.

Bad Gear will call it a Budget V-Synth.

2 Likes

Casio has some videos about to drop on their site, if you’d prefer.

We’ll see who else is willing to “go so low” as to demo a Casio product ?

1 Like

Send me one and I’ll process the Syntrx with it and upload a 30 second video to Instagram. :joy:

1 Like

Food for the OT too.

That would be enough to put me off, fuck short lifespan gear.

5 Likes

Yeah, but think of teenagers that want to make a sick album and have some summer work money saved up. If Casio can manage the marketing, this should sell like crazy. Just not to us.

Reading their copy, the apps aren’t the only way to enter lyrics, though those may have more features.

Let’s wait a few hours before we destroy this thing.

4 Likes

Is the Octatrack still worth it in 2022, when you can get basically the same thing from Casio for $450?

:running_man:

10 Likes

Wonder what exactly Benn Jordan means in his comments on the video ?

I came for the vocal synthesis party, but I stayed for the chord accompaniment party. :notes::partying_face:

Maybe there’s is something else special here ? Still half an hour to wait. :mantelpiece_clock:

The blurb certainly looks interesting, I was quite a fan of variphrase technology back in the V-Synth/VP-9000 days, it was very interesting in the ways it failed as much as in how it succeeded.

1 Like

this is already up but kinda lame Casio Casiotone CT-S1000V - First Look - YouTube

1 Like

if mine broke tomorrow, i would absolutely replace it with another OT at retail price. the only thing that comes close is an MPC Live.

1 Like

Sorry, you caught me trolling.

Love my Mk2 OT and would replace it if a truck ran over it.

We can also wonder what Benn means by, “Is this the Funnest Synth ?

That’s is fu@&ing terrible.

2 Likes

Warning : cheese factor overload

That’s what I’m afraid of !

I’m a big fan of anything so bad it’s good - like the movie The Room. If this is the equivalent to a Tommy Wiseau synth, I may have to purchase. Cheese it up good, Casio!

4 Likes