Gear hope and expectations 2022

DN update for F@×÷’$ sake !

5 Likes

THAT INCLUDES A FIX FOR THE PROGRAM CHANGE ISSUE WITH THE DIGI BOXES! I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL! I WILL SET UP A TENT AND BUILD A FARM AND TRAP ANIMALS TO SURVIVE! I WILL SHOUT IT FROM SUN UP UNTIL SUN DOWN! MY WIFE WILL LEAVE ME AND I WILL DIE ALONE STILL BEING UNABLE TO DO PROPER PATTERN CHANGES ON THE DIGI BOXES FROM OTHER ELEKTRON BOXES!

Apparently, the forum does not believe that this is a complete sentence. It is many complete sentences.

5 Likes

I’d be over the moon with the addition of a DT/DN style base width filter and one more LFO. The base width filter alone would be a game changer.

4 Likes

Hope but not expecting :upside_down_face:
An intellijel standalone Atlantis, with built in Metropolix Sequencer for half the price of respective modules + case

3 Likes

I would like to see a Botique mixer command center that would mix, provide power and be a MIDI master/interface for the Botiques. I like everything abought the Botiques except the interface. Bonus points if it will sequence the Botiques and have plenty of sequencer storage along with song mode.

1 Like

New in 22 :

So just a little more on that new Casio synth.

It’s called the Casio CT-S1000V, and it’s not a vocoder, it’s a vocal synth. So picture in your mind, that instead of samples, you have lyrics, that you can choose, and affect, and play. ( That’s still a little bit of a guess. ) Looks like 49 keys ? ADDED : A different photo, and it looks like 61 keys. ADDED : No it’s 49.

Here’s a picture to spur your imagination :

How good will it sound ? Is it polyphonic or monophonic ? Is it a real synth or more of a toy ? We should know in a little more than a week.

ADDED : I’ve started a thread for the S1000V.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Also likely coming up New in 22 :

Behringer says they’re about to start production of their Syncussion SY-1, a drum / percussion sound module. I posted about it over in this thread.

ADDED : I’ve started a thread for the Behringer Syncussion.

1 Like

I would like a JJOS2XL manual that I can make sense of.

1 Like

New in 22 :

KOE-M6 from AtomoSynth

A general purpose semi-modular that comes with its own box, but can also be Euroracked. A new version of their KOE but they’ve changed it all around.

Includes an analog oscillator with a square wave sub-oscillator, plus a DCO triggered with MIDI, a vactrol based filter, a simple LFO with CV, a random voltage modulator, an ADSR envelope, a loopable slope generator, and a delay effect with CV controllable delay time. It’s more than bare bones, but you still can wrap your arms around it, and be able to afford it, if you like the sound.

Available now.

https://www.atomosynth.net/KOE.html

https://pinelectronics.com/

I dont know. The Syntrx is much cheaper. Just had the email that its ready.

2 Likes

Just updates for the DN and AR 🥲 but will it ever happen?

3 Likes

New in 22 :

BlueARP HW arpeggiator from OMG

A hard-core multichannel arpeggiator in hardware. Like their software version with more features. Thread.

2 Likes

Meng Qi emailed his mailing list earlier today, he says —

Wingie2: they will be available in late Feb.

Wing Pinger : the latest batch is in production and will be available approximately in March or April.

Also, a new instrument is on the Horizon based on a very important collaboration.

Exciting news!

1 Like

You can have it in white too (@DonovanDwyer), I think.

1 Like

Oooooh nice.

1 Like

There have already been some Drumlogue mentions, but I’m also hoping Korg can release that Wavestate SE. I’ve been following Wavestate for some time, even played it in stores a few times and I just love the sound but the flimsy keys on the current version are just not comfortable. I hope the chip shortage or whatever doesn’t hold things up much further.

New in 22 :

ISE-NIN from Black Corporation

Thread

Seaboard Keyboard ( a new one ) from ROLI

Thread

New in 22

It looks like it’s a combination of these two. A Bitmasking mini keyboard.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

New in 22

This looks like a fun idea, from a Brazilian Company Pantala Labs. It’s called 1985 – perhaps being 1984 + 1 with the All-Seeing-Eye ? Just released yesterday.

It’s a two channel CV Gate sequencer that uses an image from a camera to create those sequences, with some restrictions on those sequences that you can control.

I google-translated the original web-site. The price is in Brazilian Real.

Not sure how good this is for real, it depends on the implementation. No demo video yet. I might have had it a stand-alone unit on a stand with controls on top, and the camera facing down, so you could put artwork, or draw below it.

Quite a reasonable price $210 USD.

They make some other off-beat sort of gear too.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

New in 22

Pylobolus – The Cloud Synthesizer . A multi-timbral polyphonic, virtual analog synth, housed in a plain box as it’s configured to use with a MIDI controller. You configure the synthesizer and interface to your preferences using a web browser interface. After that it can run standalone. The present synth engine is a very specific design, but i foresee them adding more configurations later. Set to be released this fall, and priced at 1200 Euros. This likely deserves its own thread.

pylobolus.fr

Last night was the first I’d heard of this device. I hope Moog’ll make it happen for us consumers. It seems at least as interesting and worthwhile as the other three semimodulars in the series.

1 Like

Ahoy there @Jukka! I see you liking this post and it was all your coverage of the Spectravox I was going through last night. Thanks for rounding up all that info in one place.

Do you know of any effective way we could somehow push or prod Moog to do this thing for real?

1 Like

Certainly contact them and indicate your enthusiasm. They’re friendly and while i doubt they’d confirm anything, they will likely respond to you.

The Spectravox, is certainly on a glide path for Moog, it is pretty typical for synths to stew for a few years and improve, between a limited run at a Moog-fest, and a real product. Though no guarantees.

Not sure what might be possible to get close
substituting some modular stuff instead. Maybe some others have taken a stab at that, and can chip in.

1 Like