Cirklon's a coming!

I caved in and added myself to the waitlist for a CVIO model. I’m setting it and forgetting it. I’ve got money ready.

This will be fun to sequence my soft samplers too.

does anyone have the dimension of the cirklon ? i like to know the depth of the desktop version…

I’m a new Cirklon user. I begining to operate the mariage between It and Elektron’s.
For the few i practice, the A4 and MNM are triged from Cirklon, but use the Elektron internal sequencer for triglesstrigs.
The MD is completly drived from Cirklon. The hardiest was to organised the instrument definition. I decided to create two MD instruments in view to program all the cc’s. So I created a MD1 wich control the cc from 16 to 63 (that permit to control the machine 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 10, 13, 14) with multi and a MD2 for cc from 72 to 119 (for the other machines). If some people has a better way, I am interested !
The OT is only clock linked and play autonomous. I read somwhere a guy who used the OT as Master. I will try that.

This procedure will certainly change with more practice.
I’m open to any idea or suggestion.
How do you do fellows ?

2 Likes

I’m no longer using Cirklon with the Elektron kit. I’m treating it as a separate system.

1 Like

Hey!

I’m thinking about buying Cirklon, but really want to hear feedback from people who are familiar with Elektron sequencer and have worked with Cirklon. It feels like using cirklon has more creative benefits, because you can adjust velocities and all other midi cc parameters in really natural way using encoders and shortcuts. Please share your experience!

Thanks!

@elenacortes & @andyx - I tend to sequence patterns within Rytm’s sequencer, whilst using the Cirklon as essentially additional midi LFO’s for the Rytm.

I arrange the track via Cirklon’s scenes, either by locking particular Rytm patterns into Cirklon’s scenes, or for more loop based, trig condition/evolving sequences, I just program mute states into the Cirklon’s scenes so that I have a few organised scenes that I use as different sections of a track.

With regards to OT and Cirklon - I just fire it pattern changes if needed + clock. And occasional aux events. One great point I saw @PeterHanes mention is to bare in mind is that the communication between OT and Cirklon can be bi-directional (as with any other Elektron box actually, but particularly great with OT).

Not explored that much myself, but the Cirklon’s 5 Midi Inputs really open it up to lots of possibilities not available to devices with just 1 Midi Input (as this, at least in my setup would be taken up by master controller/clock from DAW).

@andyx feel free to ask some more questions if you like.

I’m not sure if all of Cirklon’s operation is necessarily more creatively beneficially, as it certainly requires parts of the brain that i tried to leave behind in DAW land (especially when essentially doing mental mathematics to calculate precise aux accumulators).
In a sense I find the Elektron sequencers more creative, as i can very much use them intuitively and without much conscious thought to achieve the results I’m after.

However I’m not sure this level of interaction will ever be achieved with the Cirklon just because it’s scope is very large, and as a result some things do take a moment to consciously ponder.

However by that I don’t mean that the actual operation of the machine isn’t entirely intuitive on the Cirklon, as it is. Operating the machine is painless and very fast once you are used to it.

Naming midi cc’s is essential to me, so Cirklon has lots of love here for that reason alone. And that aspect is far more beneficially in an operational sense, against the Octatrack’s midi seq - which requires remembering the number of each value, or constantly referring back to the manual of each device being controlled. Not fun in my experience.

3 Likes

My opinion is that if you only have Elektron gear, Cirklon is a bit expensive and will brings good applications but not in regard/balance of its price (Elektron gear are often selfsufficient)

Maybe, in view to add functionallities in a more frienfly price would be Pyramid, that I use too, that brings lot of advantages to Elektron, mainly on silver’s ones, but to the dark ones too (midi fx-lfo, random, scales…- more than 4 bars patterns, polymetry etc…) for about half price of Cirklon. Saying that, keep in mind that Cirklon price is highly justified by the gear construction and os ingeneering.

So I think the situation need a good evaluation before investment.
If you have not only Elektron gear to drive with Cirklon, it’s a must have.

3 Likes

Can I use a cirklon to sequence battery 4 or reaktor 6?

1 Like

I messaged them today and going to cry myself to sleep

wait list joined 20/10/2017 - message from Barbara should get yours Spring/Summer 2019.

so probably another year

if anyone has one for sale will swap years of my life for it Thanks

It’s pretty interesting how Sequentix refuses to scale production to meet demand. Not a criticism by any means just find it interesting.

and some people buy 2 then sell the other for twice the price getting theres for free : (

if i get it when they say i will spring/summer 2019 and say september it will be 23 months

@tr909, any thought ? :wink:

not a bad idea! joking, screw gougers

1 Like

I bet aphex twin never waited 2 years for his :grin:

well, he did order them a long time ago, when a LOT of people simply weren’t interested in them.

1 Like

I think engine has been stopped too , so perhaps more people will go cirklon.

I’d try other gear , I’m sure it’s good but not so substantially different that using pyramid / electron / polyend / old gear etc etc can’t compete with until your arrives. It’ll still take lots of work to write innovative music no matter the sequencer used.

1 Like

I just want a sequencer that can keep up with my keyboard skills!

1 Like

Cough “cubase 9.5 pro” cough.

Yea I put in my reservation on 01/02/2018. I don’t even know if I will still want it when it comes around.

3 Likes

wow I joined around same time as you and was expecting a notice soon, it would seem not

That’s just bad vibes man…
I see this punter on sleazyBay located in the Netherlands trying to sell his for the last few months at stupidly high prices… bugs me when I see that.

@v00d00ppl
Trust me… once you own it, you will never sell it if you are a sequencing nut… its like the elektrons on steroids… with 5 midi ports that are soldered directly to the board… ZERO jitter… PERFECT timing… and with the CVIO board it will blow your mind (if you use modular)…

4 Likes