Sample Select From Cirklon

I’m looking into changing the sample slot from an OT machine from a MIDI CC coming from my Cirklon Sequencer.
I’m sure it must quite possible, but I haven’t figured it out yet.

I’m thinking of assigning the XFader to the Sample Slot? or better find the MIDI CC to change the sample Slot.

I should add I’m trying to do it with Static Machines.

I’m hoping any one of you could help out here :smiley:

Unfortunately not possible.
Possible to use slices, assigning them to crossfader (Control Change #48).

2 Likes

damn…

That would’ve been fantastic. Using slices isn’t really what I want to achieve, but will see what work around I can find.

Can be done on a Digitakt! Not that that matters lol. How do you like that Cirklon? been on the waiting list for eons

I recommend Octachainer software to make slices. Very fast. After you can use them as slots.

1 Like

Another workaround would be part change. But you need to change patterns / banks.

The Cirklon is magic. It really shines when you’re using it as the hub for your whole studio.
For example it’s breathing a whole new life into my use of the MachineDrum, and is the driving machine for our upcoming liveset we are working on with Ripperton.
It’s worth the wait, and the headache when you start delving into. It’s so deep, and can do so much. It’s fantastic :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks!

Will see how this can help.

How long did you wait for the cirklon. I’ve been on the list 12 months so far. Looks amazing. Can’t wait to get it

2 Likes

I just love how you can choose between the two different types of sequencing patterns. If an elektron machine could do that, now then, I wouldn’t need a daw.

About 18 months, but that was when the waiting list was small.

2 Likes

The wait seems never-ending. How you getting on with the cirklon. I have read the manual loads. Just sold a squarp pyramid to move to the cirklon. So getting excited

I saw the Cirklon in action, impressive, but Octatrack + Mpc 500 should cover my actual needs. :wink:
Maybe later.

1 Like

Cirklon waiting list since:
Fri, 3 Nov 2017, 12:33 :clock330:

Not sure if I will get it when it’s my turn, I still have some time, like another year probably :smiley:

1 Like

ive been on since march 2018 feels like a lifetime

All good things come to those who wait :wink:

However, it’s really a shame I can’t get around selecting samples from MIDI #CC. Need to have a go at other tricks.

Just to clarify, if you combine multiple samples into one file, you can then slice it and control the slice selector parameter from midi, audibly the same outcome as selecting sample slot.

4 Likes

will try how this can work in my case. Hopefully it’s a good option.

1 Like

I’m not sure it’s an issue with cirklon , just how octatrack works.
I’m sure I could sequence everything remotely , but elektron sequencers are geared around the quirks of the hardware no matter how many midi cc’s are available.

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cirklon’s a coming!