Cirklon V2

The wait is long because Colin won’t let units out unless they are 100%. That’s lots of work and there is a fairly small team qualified to do it right. He’s not trying to piss people off, just refuses to cut corners.

Units do appear second hand if you are at your wits end but I would hold out to get one direct if you can.

It’s a brilliant box, not for everyone perhaps but I would jump straight back on the waiting list if mine got stolen.

4 Likes

I don’t mind the wait either. That lève of quality control is good. I’ve had a few boutique company devices I have had to send back. Not naming names because everything is resolved. I will just wait it out. I’ve got a ton of toys already.

2 Likes

Does the Cirklon do “direct jump” pattern changes like the newer Elektrons?

1 Like

Can confirm long waitlist. I’ve been on it since May 2017.

3 Likes

Re. the waitlist, I joined it in early 2017, with purchase and shipping occurring mid 2018.

Everything people have spoken about aligns with the fact that Sequentix are in the middle of rebuilding following a very tough period. They’re a small but conscientious operation, and I would have no hesitation in dealing with them again.

To anyone on the fence, just get yourself on the waitlist if you’re at all interested. You’re not obligated to purchase when your position comes up. Even if you purchase and it turns out to not fit your workflow, it would not be a difficult item to trade on.

4 Likes

It’s been over 2 years for me on the waitlist. I can still wait

1 Like

it’s worth the wait! I’ve been on the list for over a year now but I bought one in the meantime. it’s glorious! now I’m on the waitlist for a V2 upgrade and the V2. (obviously I have some decisions to make…)

I wanna say though… as has been said elsewhere… if you have a studio of gear, and you want to do hardware sequencing, you’ll be all over it. if you don’t, well… move on.

3 Likes

September '18. Still time to start saving up money. :smiley:

1 Like

What makes the cirklon so dope?

1 Like

Ive been looking at info, think how it has the encoders above the steps looks really good…
but I haven’t seem anywhere about how it handles chords…

1 Like

2 ways :

• P3 patterns with aux (polyphonic max 5 notes per step)
  • Ck pattern (piano rolls kind of piano roll tracks, lot of polyphonic possibilities).
4 Likes

Can you see a screen of the piano roll On th CK type?
Also can the AUX tracks be different step lengths scale etc?

yes and p3(i think you meant p3, not aux ) patterns can be different lengths, with polyrhythms and/or polymeter.

1 Like

No I mean do the aux tracks on p3 have different track lengths so aux is different length to the track it is attached to For polymetric aux events

if you wanted to do that you’d just set up another p3 track of a different length/meter that targets the other p3 pattern(or the instrument on that pattern).

there aren’t aux tracks, they are aux events, and they are tied to a step.

3 Likes

Ok thanks, just wanted to know if can do polymetric parameter locks

1 Like

yes.

1 Like

I can’t wait to get my hands on this sequencer!

1 Like

You’d be hard pressed to find a better sequencer.

4 Likes

there’s many details and many “oh wow” moments everyone has with it. but really, it comes down to this: it’s designed from the ground up to be the centerpiece of a hardware-based studio, where you have a good deal of midi and cv gear to sequence. and it shines in every aspect of those requirements.

if you don’t have a decent bit of gear to sequence or don’t want to focus on hardware-based sequencing, you’re fine with a DAW.

8 Likes