Cirklon V2

Very kind of you…thanks!

1 Like

Fine…got on the waiting list :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You won’t regret your choice. And if it’s the case, you’ll find a buyer and easily be refund. You can’t go wrong with it.

2 Likes

• 3x faster Cortex CPU
  • 480 x 128 full color TFT display
  • USB host/Ethernet connectivity
8 Likes

I love my cirklon and im excited.

3 Likes

Why Ethernet port?
Rtp Midi over Ethernet? :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit : interesting post below from sequentrix forum back in january 2019. Seems like the cirklon V2 is getting ready for midi 2.0!

http://forum.sequentix.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3040
Re: MIDI 2.0™ Prototyping
Postby sequentix » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:55 pm

The effectiveness of MIDI 2.0 will really depend on the physical layer.
Even if the protocol is backwards compatible with serial MIDI, it will likely be very hard on the bandwidth.
To take full advantage of the MIDI 2.0 would probably need a hardware update to Cirklon 2.0
Nothing drastic, maybe just a TFT screen on a faster CPU with USB host and ethernet support.
I would make the new mainboard and display mechanically and electrically compatible with the existing enclosure, UI and IO boards, so there would be an upgrade path for existing owners.
It would need a couple of extra holes in the rear panel, of course.

I need to do some more research on MIDI over networks, but it has an obvious speed advantage over full speed USB, plus ethernet can be transfomer-coupled for electrical isolation.
The RTP MIDI procotol for MIDI 1.0 supports timestamping, so you can get the jitter down to 0.1ms.
I’m sure the options for MIDI 2.0 over RTP will be better still.
100 meg ethernet runs a shade faster than serial MIDI.
The iConnectivity MIDI 4+ supports RTP, so a simple cross-over cable connection would give you 4 extra in/out ports with better timing than USB.
Colin Fraser
Sequentix GmbH

5 Likes

Oh that’s nice. 18 months have passed. Must be patient

yeah there’s some niceties in there that would help make things a bit more seamless. which is good for not killing creativity, and possibly encouraging it.

my approach will probably be to stay on the list, get one, see if I gel with it, get rid of it if not. demand is high enough that I wouldn’t lose cash on it.

V2 is interesting, I may make the jump. Anyone knows why the waiting list was (or still is) so long? I mean, 18 months seems quite stretched… I can imagine they don’t solder the mainboards themselves in their basement, and only the final assembly is done ‘in house’ with all the required quality check and software upload, but still…

They had to move premises.

1 Like

They had toyed with having the board mfg do some of the assembly and had a rash of repairs needed so they’ve moved everything back in house last I heard. Not sure if they’ve found a new office yet.

1 Like

I’m at 18 months with no word since confirmation that I was on the list

I’m over 18 months and I’ve never heard a thing.

1 Like

Me too

1 Like

Very odd that such a highly regarded piece of gear is so elusive. With all the crap out there that gets funded, you’d think someone could step up and help out production time.

3 Likes

I simply mailed them about my place on the wait list, and they are quick to reply and very nice to talk to. If you have any questions, send an email I guess?

4 Likes

theres not a huge market for sequencers in the four digit territory.

4 Likes

Another aspect to consider re: delay is the amount of OS development and additional features regularly added.

Since I’ve owned my Cirklon there have been some truly amazing additions to the software. And plenty more in the pipleline.

It’s worth the wait. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Chiming in as an experienced user myself. Its a pretty incredible box. They relocated to Berlin last year, they have kids, schools etc… setting up the company - all this takes time.

Colin is a major geek and the updates he’s been releasing are excellent. It is constantly improving.

I use the CVIO board with a BOB amd also their Drum trigger module and its excellent.

You can send and configure pretty much everything. Now the CVs can be envelope generators sending ADSRs or LFOs rather than just voltage (pitch) in pattern form.

Its the brain of my studio.

AUX tracks, full songs/projects, instrument definitions tonsuit your workflow, no 4 bar limitations, Plocks per step, probability, randomizations, swing per step… i mean i could go on and on and on.

Particularly useful if you own older and newer gear that each have different connections. For example i can control a VST in ableton whilst triggering my Moog 15 which uses just S-trigs.

5 Likes

20months and nothing heard