Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

Give it time, I’m sure someone will be able to help you.

Changing the filter from the back to make the cutoff darker sure did make me feel like coming home again to my real 303 thats standing on my cabinet unused cause it doesnt have midi in.

In stead of putting my real 303 next to the td3 and trying to match them, i decided to go on my feeling/memory when calibrating and tried to find the sweetspot just by going by my memory and feeling of knowing the knobs, till it felt natural again, cause i know it would drive me crazy trying to match it to my real 303 just based on sound. It was a unique realisation to listen to my knobturning feelings instead of trying to match it by just ear. Just funny to realise i didnt do it the nerdy analytic way, but by listening to my hand movement and reaching that place that i remember how it should feel/sound.

Im talking about the cutoff/res/envmod though. Slide and accent still is a bit weird sounding, but not better or worse.

Re : I’m still asking me if it is a way to lock pattern to the transpose setting giving access to the last high octave ?

Taken from the 303 manual.

Thank you.

I don’t know if you can ‘lock’ but you could easily duplicate the pattern and edit all the notes up the octave you want them to be.

1 Like

Don’t know if this is any good to anyone but I came across this.

Behringer TD-3 MIDI Implementation

After a bit of non-use, and not tested all that much (complete gain stage testing and cables, etc) I believe The sound of my filter has changed. It seems with all res turned all the way up, I’m losing a massive volume level in addition to the normal low freq drop off. More so than I previous was with the same pattern. I am wondering if the internal trim control may be for this sort of adjustment? I don’t quite know exactly its purpose. Thanks for any ideas.

I cannot do that because some notes can only be played when the sequencer is transposed.
Maybe I mistake but I think that what you say is wrong.This octave is not sequencable

Capture d’écran 2020-05-30 à 12.26.50 Capture d’écran 2020-05-30 à 12.26.50

Looks like that person has made a web util to adjust settings too.

I hate Sysex stuff , does my head in

1 Like

That is wrong I’m sorry

Did you tried to transpose ?

lets try: write a pattern with notes indicated with the UP led,
then put the Tune button +12
Then Transpose it +12 semitones

you are here Capture d’écran 2020-05-30 à 12.26.50

The problem is that when you change the pattern then, the +12 transposition is forgot, same, if you come back on the pattern the +12 transposition is forgot

Can you write a A 440 on your sequencer ? I cannot
I have to transpose to play it.

So what you say is wrong, all notes are not covered by the sequencer. Capture d’écran 2020-05-30 à 12.37.14

Someone maybe ?

Might be better to try the official music tribe / behringer group on face book.
I don’t know the link but Facebook has search function to find it yourself.

If you don’t like Facebook try gearslutz
Gearslutz also has a search function

1 Like

Modded TD-3

TD-3 Mod Video

1 Like

If I have an A4 MK2, is it worth getting the TD-3? Or can A4 easily emulate that sound?

I’d buy a td3 if you have the cash. £130 inc shipping is pretty good.
It’s just so much easier than setting up a sound / sequence / programming parameter locks … and part of the 303 sound is due to how you have to program it.

You can still use a4 fx and use midi if you need to.

1 Like

Many mods seem to make it more aggressive. I tend to prefer clean but I’m sure a few mods on my black one could sound nice.

I just need to see what components I have lay around.

I noticed Thomann had all colours in stock yesterday , inc urine yellow ( actually looks more orange than initial pictures ).

It’s definitely bright yellow :rofl:

I have both. The A4 can, and it can’t. It can do acid, but not like the TD-3.

1 Like

That’s a question for a separate topic/s, and a question of how close you want the emulation to be:

3 Likes

Just wondering if there’s a multi psu for powering x5 TD-3? I seen a one for the Roland Boutique’s where 1 usb cable can power 5 of them, Is there something similar if you have x5 TD-3’s.
Asking as I’m running out of sockets here.

Cheers

Something like this would do the trick: https://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/mxr-dc-brick-power-supply/h93726000000000?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlN32BRCCARIsADZ-J4sIYDD60MAucWDHeIM2ib7VDl6pT7SzKFcV1A0zCwvaG2CO7kbu-1YaAj03EALw_wcB

There’s way cheaper one’s available too, and more expensive (Strymon makes one)… I checked the current ratings on the MXR and its fine. You need 9V center negative. The plug on the TD looks different than the standard BOSS plug, but they appear to be interchangeable.

2 Likes