A4/AK - 303 Acid Hints & Tips

Anyone have any tips for replicating the 303 on the A4/AK?

Filter 1 with Resonace boost turned off, seems to do the trick.

Think I will create some macros to limit some parameters from going too far, which will make the patch more playable.

Also, the Sub osc has a slightly different tone to the regular square osc which is worth experimenting with.

Hello, Did you check that :

and that :
http://sounds.beatport.com/pack/elektron-analog-4-progressive-acid/7064

Ok Pozek same idea :slight_smile:

Cheers guys!

Thanks Darenager for sharing the tip about the square wave too.

Transistor pulse and Filter 1 with the resonance below 70 to stay below self oscillation. A perf knob with limited range on the filter 1 res is handy for jamming. (With resonance boost on, I suppose you could turn it off but I’ve never really bothered as it was introduced as a fix to improve bass response). Filter 2 HP frequency and Q to taste with tracking on for a bit of a push in the low register.

1 Like

This pack is not available - does anyone know where I can get it please?

Check this too.

Velocity Mod for accent (increase filt freq, filter attack, vol or overdrive, eventually noise, decrease decay)

Completely off-topic: Am I the only one that always misinterprets your photo as a black stormtrooper with a Jamiroquai hat, @sezare56 ?

I hope so! :smile:
Stormtroopers are white, a hat is a hat…:thinking:

I simply have an hairy OT head. :pl:

Haha, a hat ís a hat, and a (Shadow) Stormtrooper is not a performance sampler. I give you that. Still…

2 Likes

Plus my apologies for the extreme offtopicness, will try to stick with the topic again

there are no rules in acid :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks peeps I spent some time playing with this and also unison, chorus etc.

I am not sure if using osc 1 set to feedback does very much? Do other people have thoughts on this?

Feedback osc is one of my fav features of the A4/AK^^

Work with the osc level(s) and filter settings.

1 Like

Ok

Is there any reason to have the main oscillator Or amp less than max? Does it change the character or interaction with overdrive or feedback osc?

yes it has significant influence.
This thread is very informative with tons of tips and examples for feedback

6 Likes

also don’t forget resonance…there is a little boost in resonance when using accent in the original 303…you can follow that with the schematics.

2 Likes

seen here… https://tinyloops.com/tb303/sound_signalflow.html

1 Like

What is it? :content:
Thanks to remind it I forgot indeed, but I recently used that vel/accent res boost with Digitone.
Can’t wait to make a new acid patch on A4!

Ah ok I see a kind of relation now. :wink:
I was thinking about that hat below. Not off topic, it’s acid jazz. :pl:

1 Like