screw clockwise ¼ turn for a 100 RPM
gain. If you do not have a starting place
or for more accuracy, refer to the OHMS
resistance = RPM chart.

5V333 ADJ

No idea if this is what you seek but thought I’d post

Thank you a lot rob.
Ok Ok Ok but what is RPM use here ?
What does it change ? I don’t know what rpm is lol.
Anyway not so important I think.

RPM - Revs per minute like a car
like music BPM - Beats per minute

I’m assuming RPM has to do with the speed of something on the TD-3 board but I’m not sure

1 Like

Okay thank you !

What about the Octaves ?
On synthtools the sequencer is sending notes to C4 but I can chromatically play from my external keyboard to C5. How to sequence those notes ?

Is this possible to lock a pattern on a transposed setting ?
:up:

Not sure what the 333 refers to but to my eyes it looks like a 5v ADJustment pot. Could be a 5v ref for something? Basically just twisting presets to see what happens isn’t a great idea, especially messing with voltage references/adjustments without a schematic etc.

1 Like

I touched it a bit yesterday to try but no sound problem I really hear. Won’t touche it more :expressionless:

1 Like

I’m thinking if there’s a component that needs a trimmed 5v supply adjusting the pot beyond that range could lead to the component failing. Could be a reference voltage for a comparator circuit or something similar? The 333 is interesting… can you see any other components with that reference? Maybe be an op amp or something? I could be wrong about the 5v thing… could be coincidental? But yeh, prob best left as is until you can identify what it’s for👍

I really don’t know :smile: I’m an electronic total noob.
I found this on Re5et link, writing vr11 in gearslutz research.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1286361-td-3-behringer-303-clone-98.html#post14369033

“Lower filter cutoff: you can decrease this with VR11, but if this is not enough, or if you want to go the classic 303 mods route, wire a 4.7K resistor in parallel with R66 (OG R47, 10k).”

but I’m asking myself if it’s not a mistake with the other VCF param which can be moded.

An other thing :
Is this possible to copy paste a pattern and to change for each one the transposition setting ?
I would like to lock and remember transpositions settings on patterns to have the highest octave playing :frowning:
Is it possible to write sequences with the very hish octave, or to lock the high transposition setting to a pattern ?

To hell with what’s inside the TD3 mate just make Acid :joy::joy::joy::+1:

4 Likes

Okay so it looks as if VR11 (according to the mods manual) will work to lower cut off frequency. By how much I could not tell you but the fact that they make reference to a further mod to lower it by adding the 4k7 resistor and using the phrase “if that’s not enough” would make me think the adjustment range of VR11 isn’t very much!

I’m not a 303 power user so regarding the octaves I can’t say but I THINK you have to ‘lock’ the octaves afterwards. I’m sure those with more experience will chime in if I’m wrong or to clarify things👍

But to echo @rob_lee the fun is in using it! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for this useful comment. (Maybe you can help me to make good acid, and answer me about the question I asked and this transpose problem (…))

“to hell about mods” I do not agree but if that’s your opinion

@Bunker Thank you. So there are two trimmable things about filter vcf and cutof with vr11, so it’s kind of the same destination no ?

If you do carry out the mods be sure to report your findings here won’t you? I’m sure I’m not the only one considering a second (or third!) unit with the intention of doing some mods if they sound good.

2 Likes

I think this machine will be my first cobaye or mad scientist victim yeah ! Even if it’s really good sounding without it :grin:
I promise when I will broke it I will share it :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Paint stripper.

Put some “frog tape” all around the logo and seal it really well so you don’t get it on anything else.
Dab a little on with a paper towel and wipe it off almost immediately with a separate clean paper towel.

Repeat until it’s gone.

It’s screen print so it should come off easily. So easily that you could take off things you don’t want to around the logo.

I’d test it on the bottom first to see what it does to the silver plastic

I’m always trying to wreck things, maybe I think it’s exhilarating when I succeed (as in manage to NOT wreck things) :joy:

1 Like

It’s all the same thing. The filter (VCF, it’s the same thing… voltage controlled filter) cutoff is the point at which the filter starts to close. Turning the cutoff knob down lowers that cutoff frequency, cutting the higher frequencies. My guess is that the mod they’re discussing lowers that point to a frequency below the lowest setting possible with the front panel knob.

Hope this isn’t teaching you to suck eggs🙈

1 Like

Im not modding anything unless it’s mentioned in that thread , the pdf the people are maintaining and I know what it does.

Rubber mod seems popular and adjusting various filter / resonance trimmers seems easy
I’m quite happy with the sound out of the box too

1 Like

My face started melting as soon as I saw this.

I had an older friend with a 101, 303, and 909 when I was a teenager. I totally wanted all of them. Probably got me into all of this.

1 Like

nobody can help me about my transposition question :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
pretty amazing

I must admit I’m not in any rush to mod either of mine. They sound great to me. Now whether they’re identical sounding to the OG 303’s… well, that’s a moot point. I like how they both sound, especially in the mix.

Ive looked at the mod thread mentioned in the past and those guys have really done a great job reverse engineering and transposing the known mods to the new TD. If I’m honest it’s their RD8 mods that interest me more. That’s deffo a project on the horizon.

1 Like