Arturia Minibrute 2 / 2S

I think the Micro’s little teeny patch port was inspiration for the MiniBrute 2_'s more robust patch panel.

For those with both a MicroBrute and a MiniBrute 2_ they certainly can gain from plugging them togetther. In a recent Sonic Talk episode 521, Yoad Nevo talked a lot about his moded Minibrute, with the keyboard removed and a MicroBrute put there in it’s place. No pictures unfortunately, but Yoad was on the edge of raving about how good it sounds. And there’s a guy with really no barrier to owning practically any sort of gear he may want, and a lot of taste.

I Sold my Mother 32 because i couldnt read the Patch Panel. Too tiny writing. I Wonder how tiny it will be on the MB2/2s

That’s a shame to hear, Ive always eyed up the m32 from a distance but tiny writing does my head in. Hmm

The Sequencer Interface was also too complicated for my taste. And it Sounds good! Really! But very Moog. If you want this, then try. If you dont Care for that Moog Sound, there are other imho better eurorack Synth voice modules. E.g. Intellijel Atlantis. If i could find one i would Go for a white Microbrute SE.

The writting is pretty small!

Sorry this is a little blurry, best image i could find. I think to a large extent i will just learn where they all are. They don’t move and change (like the encoder knobs on Mk1 Elektrons – i can’t read the tiny Elektron LCDs) so that’s good. The blue on gray (normalized connections) is a lousy choice, the contrast is terrible.

Seems to me it would be easy enough to make a laminated paper overlay that i could stick on. (The same would apply to the Moog Mother-32 and Moog DFAM.) I think some color would be good too. I do like the In/Out designation.

Heck a raised feelable interface would be possible too, for someone with very low-vision.

ADDED: Are there any graphic artists out there, with experience in designing readable ergonomic interfaces, that would care to design an overlay, that people could buy and print and stick on?

What’s the deal with the dual labels on some of the patch points, the white+blue ones?

Blue are normalizations

1 Like

Blue on gray/black…killer. I hope they will make a Minibrute 2 SE with the alu finish from the Minibrute SE. Much better to read. And looking better too.

Yup I’ve wanted one for years but just don’t dig the sound, they all look like fun to use… but that sound doesn’t excite

Loopop did a really excellent (imo) video on combining virtual with real Eurorack. Hope you enjoy it.

This isn’t strictly on the Minibrute 2S – but uses the 2S extensively here along with the Rackbrute, and for good reason. It shows a bit about how well the Minibrute 2S can be combined with other stuff, which is something i had been wondering about.

This may just be me, but this is one of those videos that makes the virtual light bulb above my head shine just a little brighter.

Also shown in this video is the Expert Sleepers ES-8, the Motu 8A, along with VCV-Rack and Softube Modular and some other stuff.

1 Like

Good review of both 2 and 2S (with a mention of the RackBrute).
Nick and Sonicstate do good impartial (usually) reviews.

2 Likes

Nice demo. Sounds great here.

1 Like

Hey there,

it’s been a while that i posted a Video here. Dont want to bother you too much with my stuff, but: This one - i cant keep it from you!! :smiley:

All done with the Minibrute 2s only! Just added a Reverb to the high Frequencies and applied the usual Multiband Compression / Limiting.

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Looks interesting but not that interesting enough for me to buy it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Arturia Microbrute [was: “Arturia Macrobrute is coming”]

3 Likes

This just made me feel remorse for bying the dfam…ha seems it does analogue drums pretty well with a tone more options…!

2 Likes

Why not so much interest for the Brute 2? At least from the demos sounds powerful and interesting compared with version 1 who didn t do much for me.
Is it that different or it s just an illusion from the online demos?
Or it s not so much interest because of the price?

1 Like

Tested it today in shop. Didn t really impress me, apart from the sequencer which looks awesome…