Arturia Minibrute 2 / 2S

This can do proper fm, both exponential and linear, the A4 lfo fm can’t compete with this

3 Likes

Or get a ALM Akemie Castle in Eurorack – if you really want that old style Yamaha DX7 kind of FM, only now with cv and dials for an interface. I like that the new Minibrutes really invite Eurorack.

not the baddest idea :wink: I’d love to own one

1 Like

OK, I stand corrected - nice one (as the manual says: The TRACK column sets the step length of the track. It works just like setting the pattern length in NORMAL mode. The settings will only affect the active track. Press the [TRACK] keys to select the track whose scale settings will be edited.)

Really not sure how I missed that - time to experiment!

2 Likes

I made the same mistake with my RYTM til someone corrected me on here.

1 Like

That’s what Elektronauts is for!

1 Like

Power-Up Mushrooms

2 Likes

Sure the A4 is complete workstation that offers more than the MB2. Actually no other synth offers more than the A4 for this price.
But I dont think it is worth comparing the features of the A4 and the MB2. To me it is really a matter of workflow : the MB2 is analog synth with a patchbay and no user-memory. For some people this would be a nightmare, for other people it can be completely liberating.

Personnally I feel more and more “locked up” when I work with the A4, and now i really want to try to work with semi-modular synth like the MB2 +an a OT. Im really attracted by the idea of having a synth without patch memory.

6 Likes

Yeah a Digitakt with a good midi to CV interface on Eurorack (like one from Expert Sleepers) along side the MB2S. I’m excited to explore these options further. And then being able to sample this all back to the Digitakt.

1 Like

im in contact with Arturia right now; trying to “sign” a deal for the Minibrute 2s. Wish me luck guys … i have all fingers crossed at the moment :blush:

6 Likes

$1000 for each of these in Oz. More than I thought they would be.
Not interested at all in a mono analog but would buy this over Prologue for sure

GASing so hard for this!

1 Like

Not really GASing on these but I do think about Eurocrack every now and again. One of these with some of the odder modules out there would be pretty cool. I really like a few of the sample modules and crazier FX boxes. Pairing a set up with the OT would be a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Oh man that sounds terrible unfortunately

I don’t like the basic sound of the synth from what I heard so far either.
Just wanted to share more demo content

Thats a typical Minibrute presenter Problem. Most of them put the waveform mix Slider to the max and everything distorts terribly. Minibrutes gainstaging must be handled with great Care. Level Up to 50% are ok. Beyond it distorts.

Here it is proper used:

If i would choose one, i would get the Keyboard Version. Digitakt/A4 would add enough Sequencer CV Power.

4 Likes

Smiling here because this is almost exactly my thinking on why i’d get the 2S – i have lots of ways to do a larger keyboard interface, and with Eurorack having more performance playable sequencers is always useful. I have a Digitakt and an AK.

You are right too pulsn, the video examples you give here do sound nice, the first in particular (to me).

1 Like

But i believe…this Kind of smooth Sounds can be done also with A4/AK…

I’m very interested in the Minibrute 2S. I like the harsh, distorted and edgy sounds you can get out of the Brutes. I thought about getting the Microbrute, but it seems that the MB2S has so much more over it that I might just save my money for a while.