Anyma Phi

no worries, as i said, please to hear about Anyma Phi, as some how I’d ‘missed’ it… always interested in such things.

looks to be very nice, the modulators look really nice - and if its anything like Elements then I suspect these will really ‘unlock’ the potential of AP.

2 Likes

Great video, thanks!

There is literally a ‘Laraaji’ patch! :rofl: (check him out if you’re not familiar)

The GAS for this one is slowly starting to creep up. Going to take a deep dive in the manual and really consider how it may fit with my setup. I’m especially interested in what’s possible with the FX. Excited to see more demos :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’ve wondered why that patch color is green and not orange:

Oh well, that’s easy enough to change.

There is also an El Harrachi.

I’m not sure if Kokomo is after the British band, or The Beach Boys, or the Mamas and the Papas, or something else.

ADDED: Chuck Berry? No particular place to go, So we parked way out on the Kokomo

Mine arrived today. I haven’t been able to try it out yet because it was delivered in pouring rain and the doorbell was not rung (even though I was home), so it sat out for a few hours in the heaviest downpour of the year. It seemed fine, but the box was sooooooooaked, so I’m going to let it dry out for a while before I plug it in.

I’m only really commenting because I imagine if I’ve received mine (I ordered four hours before the deadline), then probably everyone’s should have been shipped by now.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking it likely wouldn’t be an enormous change to create a second MIDI channel in the Setup menu, add a second VelEnv, and provide separate MIDI hooks to oscillators.

I don’t recall seeing a screen shot of the editor elsewhere, so if you haven’t seen it yet …

The general layout is the four separately scrollable columns for General, Oscillators, Effects and Modulators, with the horizontally scrollable box at the bottom for Mappings, and the list of the patches. The Editor can be set to full screen.

The AP isn’t a synth for everyone, though it has a pretty wide range of functionality, it knows its turf, and defends that turf fairly well.

ADDED: I’m guessing the fifth empty vertical slot on the right is for the arpeggiator options. How about one option that lets you set a key and scale, and trigger the arpeggiator chord off the note you play ? As i said up thread, i think there may be multiple arpeggiator modules that you can pick between.

ADDED: TIP —The controls shown on the screen above in alternate colors (red in this case) have mappings. If you use the ‘alternate mouse click’ on those controls, you can list detail and go to those mappings. Also the alternate click will let you add mappings to any other control. You have up to 32 mappings so there is a fair amount to work with.

1 Like

I got thinking from reading the Add an oscillator to your synth, cheaply thread. I already mentioned feeding the audio from my Aerophone. Things like the NTS-1 seem like they would be good options too. The two separate buses and the effects options give lots of possibilities. Anyone else have some other ideas.

1 Like

Six new patches on Index of /anymaphi/factory-bank

Haven’t tried them yet, literally just noticed them.

1 Like

Some nice stuff in there.

I really like Et reFlute. Like i’d hoped the AP is great for wind MIDI.

Organic; it’s as you might expect from the name. Very nice.

Kalinka. That’s a Russian folk song. Listening to this i thought of a demo video done for the Osmose.

Piezo Polyrhythm. I immediately dug into this to understand the patch. All the new patches are good examples.

2 Likes

So far as I can tell from a recent post on their forum a lot of it is based on braids code. Look for modules prefixed ‘artin’. However the MI licence forbids them from making explicit references in the product and manual.

1 Like

The AP works nicely with acoustic instruments, sax and recorders for me so far. Will try electric guitar next. Having this on a mixer aux send would make sense too. I’ve sent it piano sounds as well.

Aodyo likes dropping references to various other peripherally related things, i’ve mentioned a few up thread. Emil Artin is a mathematician from early 20th century.

3 Likes

Just discovered this as well I tried the Piezo patch with some external inputs: a Wurlitzer electronic piano, analog mono synth, miked mini grand piano, a metronome. Especially interesting to me is the “chaos” macro knob. This sounds totally unlike any digital effects box or pedal and very unique. Agreed what you said about aux send, it works well as a send FX.

2 Likes

i’ve been making patches using the Envelope Follower placed at the audio input. It’s fun to control all sorts of things from that, like run a sample into the audio, and affect the oscillators in some way from the envelope follower. Or you can switch that around the other direction.

Make sure you get the attenuverter in Mappings off zero.

BTW: The Envelope Follower is very sensitive, and the rise and fall adjustments are useful, for how tightly the envelope follows.

Firmware and editor updates (pre-release) -> Aodyo Community — Anyma Phi v0.8.90 pre-release update

1 Like

Thanks for being the eyes and ears here bibenu !

For anyone wondering, like i was, the update preserves any patches you’ve been working on, especially if you’re on a Windows box and couldn’t save your patches – until now, patch and bank export works with the new update.

This update seems to have cured all the annoying little bugs. Must say no bugs so far are fatal, so that’s nice, we are beta testers of a sort aren’t we.

Have fun.

1 Like

Two questions for folks who have this already. First, I’m looking to fit this into a relatively tight setup, but I can’t figure out how big it is — what are the dimensions? Second, while I know it can do a ton of other stuff, how is it for drums? I’m thinking of swapping out an MBase I’ve never really gelled with for this, and while it’s a wildly more flexible instrument, knowing I could get some good kicks out of it when needed would make it an obvious choice.

226 x 130 x 65 mm - depth 130 is approximate … doesn’t allow for the 1/4 inc jacks protruding of course.

1 Like

The drum models/oscillators are the 808 emulation from MI’s Braids. I don’t know if that translates to ‘good’ in your world and I haven’t tried other oscillators as drums. The 4 drum oscillators are very flexible regarding pitch though.

1 Like

As far as drums there are the four models bibenu mentions, but keep in mind it’s a mono synth, so you need to play tricks, so i’d not recommend it for that.

But i have used the drum models in other patches i’ve made, as one of the three oscilators.

1 Like

I definitely wouldn’t be using it as an only drum module — it’d be paired with my Nord Drum 2, partially as a way to get the kick pulled out to a separate input, either with a Nord kick hard-panned away from the other channels, or with this as the kick and the Nord doing other stuff.

I haven’t seen any drum-centric demos online yet, so if anyone who has one had time to record a quick clip, I’d be much obliged.

Thank you! Will check, but I think that’s doable.