Analog rytm mk2 pad issues

In my case i noticed the problem tends to occur often as the unit is heat up

Thank you, actually i already opened a support ticket and they oriented me to send the unit. Anyway, for the time being i’ll keep it.

I had the exact same issue for 2 years on my Mk1 unit. I finally mustered the courage to open her up to see if it was something obvious that was causing this pad misfiring (like roaches in my machine :ant:). I found nothing, but after realigning the pads the issue was gone! Haven’t had any problems now for over 3 months :grin:
Maybe I’ll open her up again to make photos to serve as a guide for anyone else facing this issue.

1 Like

i had this issue when I first bought the unit. As a newbie I thought maybe it was switching my presses on purpose and that there was some secret reason why it was purposely choosing a different pad than the one I pressed.

Everyone here seemed to indicate that it was a hardware problem and that it needs to be sent back to the factory for repair and theres no hope and its just a lost cause.

One thing I noticed was that when i hit a certain pad, more often than not, it was the same ‘other’ pad that would become selected. so obviously there was something in common with those two pads.

I think the sensitivity on these pads in higher than we think. and because they respond to vibration/ pressure, its likely if they were built excessively snug, one pad’s vibration/ pressure will set another one off inadvertently.

my solution:

I rubbed and mashed each of the pads HARD and rocked them, and depressed them over and over again to “break them in”.

I spent additional time on the pads that would light up inadvertently with specific pad presses.

Eventually. little by little. this problem abated. but the pads needed a good break in period. Im sure they weren’t going to get this break in period just by normal usage. so I went ahead and sped up the process.

I rubbed and put my weight into the pads in every direction. up, down, diagonal. depressed in every corner. over and over again.

I literally had a blister on my index from so much rubbing of the pads. but now I don’t have that problem at all.

I literally thought I was going to have to return it. but now its fine. so keep that in mind. I think the pads are like good ski boots. they need some time before they work optimally.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wish more places had this much great info.

just got mine today and same problem damn thats bad so im sending it back :frowning:

Where did you buy it from?

Was it manufactured in 2018?z

yeah and i just ot it back from elektron workshop and everything is working 100

Thanks for taking the time to write this down. I bought a used Analog Rytm MKII today and had problems with both the pads and certain other buttons and button combinations (even though everything worked exactly as expected in test mode).

After reading your comment, I basically gave the pad that was giving me trouble a rough massage for a minute or two, and this solved my problem. Everything, including non-pad button presses works perfectly now. Let’s hope it stays that way :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So like a lot of people, my Rytm Mk2 has that infamous problem on pads, when in MUTE mode, muting one pad will unmute other pad (or pads) and vice-versa.

The issue is getting worse everyday, to the point i cannot use the MUTE page anymore :frowning:

Sending the unit to Sweden isn’t an option ; i would have to pay the unit price in taxes when it come back.

Is there anything (i mean anything) i could try to do myself to improve this situation ?

Thanks

1 Like

Can you tell me more about how did you do this ‘massage’, so i can try with mine too ? Did you make it with the unit on or off ?

Wow, that’s scary, but i’ll give it a try ! Post results later.

I think the unit was on. Basically, I just pushed down on the pad and then pressed hard on all four corners of it, dragging my finger along when changing position. While pushing, I also rubbed a little bit back and forth. Nothing special really, and I don’t think it was my extremely good technique that did the trick. Just imagine that the aftertouch response is really hard to get going and that you can utilize all positions of the pad while playing it.

I have had this issue across multiple Rytms, both MkI and MkII. In each case, it would come and go. I tried massaging the pads but that didn’t work. Eventually, they had to go back to Elektron. In the end, they replaced the film under the pads, did a pad calibration and it corrected the problem.

1 Like

So my CH pad seems to be dead on the Mute function… it works well on other modes (play, chro, scn etc), but on mute each 10 times i try, it will work one… mute and TRK selection :disappointed_relieved:

Is there any other way to mute / unmute a track without using the MUTE + PAD combination ?

I am having the same problem in Scene mode as well. It’s not limited to Mute mode for me. Makes it unplayable.

My Analog Rytm MK2 (it’s the second one (the first one had the pad issue from the beginning)) has the same problem since today :rage: and it‘s serial number ends with 72 too! :scream:

Well after 2 and half years it seems my Rytm MKII (serial 72) has caught the virus - muting/unmuting pads 2-12 will mute/unmute pad 1. I’ve opened a ticket with Elektron. Not looking forward to having to ship my unit to Sweden.

I’ve had the same issue some weeks ago.
You have to massage all the pads quite a while. After that they should work again.

I don’t understand why it’s only in Mute-Mode (so it’s only a software issue) and Elektron dosn’x fix this… :thinking: