Analog rytm mk2 pad issues

They can‘t, their pad expertise seems extremly limited.

Simply Copy’n’paste with some adjustments sould do the trick. It’s “only” software.

Naaahh, the pads are total crap hardwarewise. Look at all those complaints, even the new model stuff pads are totaly unusable.

Anyway how crappy the Buttons are, they work in every mode except in the mute mode. So it’s definitely a software issue!

OK this is strange but the problem went away. I did the whole massage thing, empty reset and resetting to factory settings but none of these things worked. I then connected the Rytm to Ableton Live (sync on) via USB and recorded a few things. I’m not sure exactly how or why but the mute/unmute bug is gone. Could this have been a software issue?

1 Like

FIXEDDD to make it short i openn it up cleaned and rearrange the carbon sheet below the pads . also unscrew some of the bolts behind the pads to make it more loose and now i have no problem with the pads . its basically trial and error when moving the carbon sheet until no pad gets triggeres by other i had the machine turn on so i could see if it was working.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I read about this thread only after having purchased a b-stock rytm mk2 (yesterday). 1200 eur.
Serial number ends in -72 :zipper_mouth_face:
The machine is like new, but I’m having the same pads issue I’m reading on this 3d (mute/unmute).
I contacted the retailer and they told me I’ll receive a discount and I can have a brand new unit for 1350.
I also opened a ticket support on elektron.se because I should have a full 3 years warranty, starting from the day I purchased it, even if it’s a b-stock (ex-demo, I don’t know the difference)
What do you guys suggest me? Add 150 euros and let me send a new machine, or send it to elektron for repair (possibly a replace?). I’d prefer not to spend more money since this b-stock unit has no signs of usage, but on the other hand I don’t want to send the unit back and forth from Italy to Sweden at my expense.
Thank you.

It takes about 2-3 weeks for Elektron to get it repaired and shipped back to you. If you’re patient it saves you some money. If not, you could opt for a new unit.

1 Like

I would swap for a new unit

You ll have to pay shipping costs if you go for the repair route.

1 Like

Yes, I have to pay 50eur to ship the rytm in Sweden, and it could happen again since I’m reading that someone had to send it back 4 times to be repaired. So for 100eur more I prefer to have a brand new unit.

at the end, I paid 150 eur more for a brand new unit. The new unit had the same problem (this one also ended in -72), sent back for a new one. Moral of the story, now I have a black mk2 for 1350eur
:smiley:

It’s strange this mute issue persists. They’ve actually reduced the sensitivity of the pads in mute mode at some point. They used to require barely a touch to trigger.

My MK 2 is suffering the same issues in mute mode. Getting unusable :worried:

Sent mine back to sweetwater and they got it fixed pretty fast

1 Like

Sent mine to Elektron via my local retailer.

All works gravy now.

Unit is still grey though

:robot:

2 Likes

Is this still a problem with newer released devices?

They are exactly the same as the grey MKII version. I have the black one. No issues here.

Hi guys,

Just bought a second hand MK2 and guess what, the seller forgot to tell me about a pad issue on pad 4 that is muted / unmuted when pressing pad 8 or pad 3… Same issue in mute and scene mod.

Second hand device so no warranty. I tried the “massage” approach but no success. Any idea about the cost of a repair without warranty?

1 Like

Looks like this is the reason why the seller sold it.

There were a couple of batches which come with this issue.
You need to send it back to Elektron for a repair or to the guy where you bought it- it is hardware fix I am afraid.

2 Likes

Indeed…

I don’t mind to send it back to Elektron, but I want to have an idea about the cost of the whole operation before.

A ticket has been created, I’m waiting for Elektron’s answer.