Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

Yes i saw that. Thanks. Just curious to see how the A4 and AR manage it sonically. Even better both together. Guess have to wait and see. No doubt Cuckoo will be all over this.

I have so many ideas now.
I could just use CV and FX tracks to sequence the Drumatix, orā€¦ I could also add a couple synth tracks to sequence the drumatix. For more control, more MIDI tracks.

I kinda dig that you canā€™t send the ARP out via MIDI. Itā€™s a limitation that opens up creative use.
So, you can make a synth track that sequences a hi hat on the Drumatix, also play/trigger an arpeggiation inside the A4.
And so then it gets this kind of 808, SH-101 sequencer trigger vibe.

On top of that, Itā€™s all about note selection. Drumatix will only respond to the notes that its drum sounds are internally assigned to. It has only 12 notes (ish?) that it will respond to.

So any notes that the A4 synth track hits outside of that, wonā€™t trigger any Drumatix sounds.

old school electro heaven.

6 Likes

Thanks for these upgrade. Thanks for randomization - wished so long. Hopefully looking for randomization sequencer trigs in track or for all tracks. Thanks for all improvements, esspecially the graphics and these for stability. Very nice.

Yeah and I just ordered an AR mk2 the other day.

1 Like

How do you sequence other gear from DN? I canā€™t get it to work.

letā€™s take a moments silence and RIP for @guga s randomisers, theyā€™ve been a source of fun and inspiration over the years. right, done? PARAMETER+YES

9 Likes

Did you read the manual? You use the MIDI tracks, arm them to your hardwareā€™s MIDI channel, then sequence.

God, iā€™m just happy to have so little need for Strom anymore.

The Euclidean sequences would be nice to have, though. I should be able to just send one over through MIDI, i imagine. Perhaps receiving MIDI over OB through a Max patch?

1 Like

a minor erroneous things i spotted in latest manual

RANDOMIZE

[PARAMETER] key + [YES] to randomize all parameters on a specific parameter page. [PARAMETER] key + [YES] to reset the PARAMETER page to its last saved state.

assume should be ;
[PARAMETER] key + [NO] to reset the PARAMETER page to its last saved state.

also a reference or two to mkII in mkI manual but i forgot whereā€¦
scuse me for pettiness

8 Likes

This is the kind of pettyness I appreciate :smiley:
Thanks for the heads up. I will fix this in the manuals :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Nice plan - will have to try that (with a different drum device).

Can someone post some pics of the graphical updates? Especially on the A4? Iā€™ve seen one screenshot total and have heard they look more Digilike which sounds amazing.

Yeah I know that :wink: And Iā€™ve set the midi settings correctly. Itā€™s a couple months since I last tried it though. I did read somewhere in this forum that it wasnā€™t working yet, so I gave it up, but then I read your comment :slight_smile: But maybe Iā€™ve misunderstood something. Iā€™m just gonna try it out again and see if it works for me.

Edit: Oh wait arming it to the hardwares midi track. Canā€™t remember if I did that.

Love the new updates! Tempo per pattern was the one feature I thought was missing and now it is here!

Quick question. Is it possible to randomize multiple parameter pages at once? For example if I hold multiple parameter buttons down and hit yes would it randomize the pages I have held? Could be cool!

Fx track used to trigger Multi Map. Velocity knob can be used. A lot of potential.
I couldnā€™t use CV track, I donā€™t know why.
Possibly a bug. Not home, no midi monitors to test.
Topic created :

9 Likes

Example:

1. Hit MIDI button
  2. Select Track 1
  3. On MIDI CHANNEL, hit FUNCTION and PRESS THE KNOB. Then set it to the channel of your hardware.
  4. Program a pattern.
  5. Hit PLAY.
  6. DANCE!

Thank you, but yes I just tried that. Setting ā€˜Midi 1 Channelā€™ to ā€˜1ā€™, which is the nr. of what my hardware receives by default. But still does not work. Even reset the midi on the synth I try to sequence. Nothing happens. I also tried changing ā€˜Track 1 Channelā€™ to another track, since it was also set to ā€˜1ā€™, just to see if that was the problem. Still doesnā€™t work.
Works perfectly from my BSP though.

Edit: BTW I use OS 1.21

A post was merged into an existing topic: Analog Rytm OS 1.50: bug reports

A post was merged into an existing topic: Analog Rytm OS 1.50: bug reports

I donā€™t want to be a complainer, this update was great. I just wish the midi was able to output program change, then my workflow would be complete. I want to use song mode to sync my elektrons pattern changes via the a4. Thereā€™s this terrible vacuum where digitakt/tone can send program change, but have no song mode. A4/rytm have song mode but no program change. Only the octa can do it!

Edit: it can, so ignore me for Iā€™m an idiot

3 Likes