Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

So, if I was to layer up my rytm mk I with drum sounds from my RD-8, how would I go about this? The RD-8 only accpets MIDI from a single channel. I can remap the incoming notes to the boices of the RD-8 no prob, just need the note numbers, but can I somehow use this MIDI out functionality to send all rytm trigs out to just a single MIDI channel?

If I manage to solve this, it will greatly speed up the making of my upcoming RD-8 soundpack for rytm mk I :wink: Cuz then I can write a pattn on the rytm, have it playing from the RD-8, and then I can just mess around with the rytm synth params until A/Bing rytm and RD-8 produces favourable results

1 Like

OK thanks, sound good to me.

1 Like

The AR receives midi from 1(any) channel over the lowest possible midi notes 0-11

If you want to transmit on 1 channel you could try to set channels the same in midi config and see if it plays nicely internally. Iirc sharing midi channels can make for complications (wrt A4) but you could also try setting pads to external only, this may help internal conflict.

By setting a different note value for each track you can trigger different notes, but the range is limited (and presently broken relative to tapping the pads) out by 2 octaves

Try it and see is best advice

1 Like

anyone else with a4mk2 having a blue SND button backlight?

Nope - go to test mode, Hold Fn whilst booting up
select 1

Then 1=whitescreen, 2 =black screen 3 = test red LEDs

SND should be RED, not sure of a mode that would allow it to be blue

3,4,5 test RGB respectively

2 Likes

Elektron thank you very very very much.
I’m proud to be customer of such nice brand that grands us, many years after, with a great upgrade.
:heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I have requested this one too. It will make editing a breeze. It was the first thing I was missing coming from Ableton Drum Racks.

Looking forward to try the Quick performance knob now with multiple macros.

I would have really loved to be able to assign more parameters to the scenes per kit since it’s rather limited on the Rytm.

1 Like

Sorry, I’m a noob: I’ve SIX tracks (in A4 more in Rytm) snding MIDI info throught only ONE midi (or USB) cable, how can I “drive” SIX external different hardware gears?

Daisy chain in/thru on each device, so out from analog into In of 1st device, thru from 1st device to in of second device etc. If your gear does not have thru ports buy a midi thru box.

4 Likes

a midi thru box, or send over usb-midi to control vsts…

2 Likes

Might be worth mentioning if anyone is having difficulty updating to ensure that USB is set to midi not overbridge, my AK somehow was in USB overbridge mode and would not update until I realised and changed it to USB midi.

Edit: This was using C6 on win7, I have never used overbridge and the computer could not install the driver, no biggie for me as I don’t need OB functionality, I got the AK used so probably the previous owner set it to OB USB mode.

1 Like

Has anyone got a scale per track demo on the A4 or AR? Just to see how it sounds. I know its early to ask. But would be good.

1 Like

Function+Trig brings up menu to enable it per track - use the search it is listed at least 5 times already

In the end our good friends at Elektron understood that a wise no-overlapping feature policy is just very different than pretend that everyone should own all their products. Better late than never. Thanks for the update

3 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t realize the FX track and CV track are both separate tracks!

Interesting that the internal implementation of the sequencer does not use MIDI. No wonder it took them quite a bit of effort to add sequencer MIDI out.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:

Thanks Elektron, for giving this great update !

1 Like

Can’t link youtube cos I’m at work but @CarlMikaelBjork did one on youtube about Polyrythms using track scales using the Octatrack. I rewatched it last night, it’s useful.

2 Likes

I might be wrong but I think you just have to reload the sound.

I made time, while still home for the next couple days before traveling for a month, to load this up on my A4 and build some layer stacks with U-he Repro-5.
Wow. Not much else to say about that. Just wow.

I love that the FX and CV tracks also send MIDI. Sequencing an Ableton drumrack without fussing with the synth tracks is fun!

Plus, no p-locking CV destinations per step to sequence my TM-2 for a full four .wav drum kit, anymore. Now I can just do it with MIDI and finally get velocity going into the dang thing! Once you know which note #s are which on the small button keyboard, it’s a breeze!

When I get back, I’ll test sequencing my Drumatix with it.

8 Likes