Advanced Delay Time Cheat-Sheet

I did some math on the delay times and how they relate to measures, metrics and rhythm… also helps which numbers could be useful etc… I don’t know if I did any mistakes (I’m unsure about the parameter-range since I’m not with my A4 right now). Also I didn’t check if this values work out on the actual machine. If someone finds the time, to test this, I’d be glad to update the link…

PDF Version:

9 Likes

Thanks, as you see by the chart, the higher the value the more difficult it will be to set times by ear. Also there are some interesting correlations in the odd-measures that can provide you with good results when combining polyrhythmic stuff.

Also numbers are beautiful! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Brilliant.
Thanks for this.
I posted something similar for the arp settings (but way less detailed and in depth) a while back, but can’t find it now despite the wonderful search engine on this forum.

Yes, I remember, that initially brought the idea to me. I’ll see if I can dig it up. Also there’s some more parameters in the A4 that could benefit from bringing more details in. I also thought on doing something like a web app to match certain values in respect of BPM to milliseconds etc…

Found it:
http://www.elektronauts.com/t/arp-speed/2720/53969

1 Like

Ah, yes thanks, I’ll see if I can work that into my chart…

Chears !

1 Like

:+1:

Sweet, thanks man :+1:

more numbers :slight_smile:

http://www.elektronauts.com/t/numbers/1469page:1

Ah, excellent, didn’t see that. We should work together on a “A4 by numbers” documentation… :wink:

1 Like

Why in the hell doesn’t the A4/AK just have it’s delay and arp time represented in beat divisions?

It makes no sense!

Thanks for this.

2 Likes

Got round to mapping out the LFO times.

1 Like

Nice one :+1:

I was looking for exactly this. Much appreciated :slight_smile:

Here’s a chart I whipped up for filter 1’s cutoff frequency:

2 Likes

Why not just say that it’s a semitone per knob increment?

Because it’s not. I don’t know why but 440Hz is at 59.17 and 880Hz is 70.74 – which would imply a semitone every… 0.96 knob steps or so.

But this probably varies on the device. My Track 3 voice for example is noticeably flatter than this – 70.74 on Track 3 is more like 860Hz. And yeah that sucks if you’re trying to get it to track to the keyboard.

I made that chart before Overbridge as well. Now that we have precise two-decimal values for the filter I can probably tighten that curve up a bit.

Would be nice if you used a log scale for the frequency, like a musician would. :wink:

That’s imprecise actually - the underlying ‘raw’ data is 14bit, that’s (in OB) a clumsy way to represent it - if you have a midi monitor you’ll see the fine detail coming through on the LSB part of the NRPN string

1 Like