Ableton Live 12

Pre-order is up!

26 Likes

Pffff, why do they keep releasing them so quickly all of a sudden! I feel i just bought 11

32 Likes

Nice updates! Didn’t see that one coming. The MIDI generators, transformations look really cool. Nice UI stuff like the mixer in arrangement view etc too! New synth and Granulator III…I’m looking forward to this.

7 Likes

I feel a lot of Max for Live devices are becoming part of the native Live experience in this release. Tunings, global scales, more powerful sequencing options, … Next to improved views in arrangement mode.

Hope the design team pulls this one off so we can keep enjoying the interface without added clutter. But the demo looks great to be honest. Lowers the barrier for more people to experiment with tunings and rhythms, better (?) granular, improves finding great samples, all while improving the mixing fase.

4 Likes

might be time to try bitwig

10 Likes

159€ from Live Suite 11 to Live Suite 12. Jumps to 199€ after the pre-order period. That’s not crazy but the first buzzwords I read were generator and granulator, which I don’t see using a whole lot. So probably won’t upgrade, especially since I still consider Logic Pro to be my main DAW.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Use Live’s Mixer in Arrangement View to get more information and control without moving to Session View and breaking the flow. Toggle the visibility of each Mixer section to fit your needs, and benefit from improved readability and feedback.

One of my biggest ‘nah, I’ll use Logic’ gripes with Live has been addressed; not that tab/tab was hard or anything, just needed to be in one place in the first place.

6 Likes

Great update for Standard users as they’re are getting a lot from Suite now. Suite on the other hand not so much, except Meld, Roar and additional M4L devices.

5 Likes

Looks like they’ve done quite a bit to catch up with some of the more unique features of Bitwig. I’m in two minds about it, it looks good, but 159€ is maybe a bit much for what seems to be on offer here.

I do like the new mixer view in arrangement view…

2 Likes

Great and beta is already there.
I think it’s good that they’ve now included something like XO/ sample comparison.

• Sound Similarity Search
    Start with a sample and tell Live’s browser to find comparable sounds and instrument presets, with the help of a neural network.
7 Likes

Looks nice, NGL :flushed:

1 Like

I skipped 11 cause I found the updates not so interesting. Live 12 definitely looks like more of what I’m searching for. Great stuff

2 Likes

I will probably upgrade to Suite 12 (have Suite 11 now) – but Standard looks like the version getting the best new stuff, so people with a Lite or Intro licence really should consider an upgrade.

Nice. I was waiting for the next pricedrop to upgrade to 11 Suite and now I get 12 as a ‘bonus’ :ok_hand:

That new ‘Roar’ distortion unit looks interesting! Software devices like this always make me second glance at my Analog Heat. Will it measure up?

3 Likes

Those interested in the beta (link a few posts above) should get in quick as there’s already a waiting list

3 Likes

I had been waiting for a Black Friday discount for upgrading from 10 Lite to 11 Standard.
Now I’ve got it for 167 € including upgrade to 12 Standard. Pretty good deal.

5 Likes

Did I read correctly? M4L modulators no longer lock the parameter? It will be interesting to read what associated Max and M4L API improvements we see along Live 12… I sincerely hope they bring out a Push display API during the Live 12 lifecycle

8 Likes

There are both options now. The old way (takeover, now called Remote) and the new non-takeover mode Modulate (unipolar/bipolar)

4 Likes