Fors Opal users thread

maybe a dumb question, but is there any way to move the device around teh screen like it’s always shown intutorials or is that just editing?

I’m not sure if this is what you mean, but if you run Opal from user library/devices/opal-rack/opal.amxd it will open in the rack:

However, if you run it from user library/devices/opad/opal.amxd, it will open in a floating window that you can move and even scale:

5 Likes

that is exactly what I mean!

but for me it’s just: library/devices/opal.amxd. It’s still the same though.

This is actually strange. Maybe when installing/copying Opal to the ‘user library’ folder, the opal.amxd file was somehow overwritten for this rack version. The folder structure should look like this:

Now I tried to download Opal, and clearly there is a separate Opal.amxd and an additional “rack” folder in which there is also opal.amxd.

Maybe downloading and installing Opal again would help? If this doesn’t help, I would advise you to contact @Ess.

2 Likes

Not much happening on the Push 3 M4L Front :thinking: They are not willing to open this thing up? Fors would be so great with full integration… (it is nevertheless)

Given they just announced Live 12 ( Ableton Live 12 ) it’s hard to say what may or may not be coming for M4L in the future. It does at least seem to be of continuing importance for Ableton, so who knows what might happen :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi!

Simple question: Can you nudge patterns around, say, 4 steps backward?

Thanks!

I’m watching this space… if Live 12 actually did facilitate more Fors updates that’d probably push me over the fence :eyes:

Yes, in the randomizer window there are options called Push Fwd and Push Bwd.

2 Likes

Thank you! Wouldn’t have thought to check there!

1 Like

I really really love this vst. I wish there was a iOS app version. I’d love to play it on my phone

Well, there is this as part of 12 :

Do more with Max for Live

Try out additional Max for Live Transformations and Generators that give you deeper ways of working with MIDI, or go even further by building new ones.

From today until the end of November: Everything 30% off at Fors.fm!

If you haven’t got Opal yet – do it!

10 Likes

Just got Doublet and completed my collection :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Purchased :star_struck: … and a first question: How do I create a new project / init all settings?

Just load a new instance of Opal, it will have empty patterns etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sry, another question: how can I link multiple instances for pattern changes? :see_no_evil:

You can’t, but hopefully it’s not too bad to just pencil in the automation for both.

EDIT: I suppose for Live/jamming this is not ideal, although you could maybe make a Live macro for this?

1 Like

Thanks, good to know. Do you consider this a coming feature?

Could be… Should be doable.
But I think if you have them in a group you could map a macro to the pattern change parameter of both.

2 Likes