Ableton Live 11

yeah that’ll do thanks @alechko , haven;t used yet but hope it has quality and length settings.

if i constantly record to resample still results in editing large files i’m trying to limit, this could work.

you could have a looped area of 10-30 sec and just hit overdub…

like 4-8-16 bars looped

yeah there’s always an easier way!

but just checking this doesn’t store all the overdubs to temp? does it offer to remove like deleted files? I know it seems lazy i’m just after the minimal administration.

no idea, don’t think so, I never deleted stuff :smiley:
however, I think that if you use the Collect and Save it should clean up unused files, not sure though…

you can do it manually by going to View > File Manager and under Manage Project you should see all unused audio recordings, but not as easy as having a buffer that’s for sure…

Would something like Enso Looper – Audio Damage be useful to that end? Obviously there may be cheaper/more native plugins that could do what you’re asking.

Check out Rolling Sampler. Its quite useful. Covers what you need.

2 Likes

This plugin looks perfect for that.

Edit. Sorry just saw the post above. This video is great though.

2 Likes

keep your eyes out for Modalics as well, I think they are working on something for the skipbackers of the world and i think it might be free as well

if you’ve got logic…it does this as well…just less fancy
@waftlord

1 Like

Really? Are you referring to Live Loops, or something else? (Asking b/c I’m on the fence about a DAW.)

ya…live loops. you can kinda do the same thing. just a bit clunky in comparison. but it werks well enough.

1 Like
18 Likes

It’s about bloody time Ableton included at least one basic synth with even the lesser versions of Live. It will make my Live Intro that much more useful and fun.

1 Like

Live 11 Beta Release Notes | Ableton

Obviously an MPE PUSH type device on the way…the new update is all about MPE!
May even be announced at NAMM…

2 Likes

This is a valid point, there are not many MIDI keyboards/controllers out there with MPE support, so it makes little sense to invest that much work into a niche feature.
I guess there will be some kind of Push 3 or controller focused on MPE in the near future.

that looks super nice, I can see sweet bass coming out of that little instrument!
gotta say, the amount of updates to live 11 is amazing over time from when it was first released.

They aren’t at NAMM. Just checked the exhibitors list. They aren’t at Superbooth either.

Shall we start a list now. No !
Check the list in this thread.

That said it is possible that Ableton does a Push 3,
=> or adds MPE like action to the Push 2 somehow.

Just watched the video all the way through. As a synth nerd, the sound and the analog way different parameters interact is super exciting, yet as a professional designer, I’m almost more impressed by the design. The economy of the workflow packed into such an unassuming UI is among the best I’ve seen, hardware or software.

This could have been a big selling point just for Suite, so the fact that it’s coming to all editions of Live is astounding. This is a huge move from Ableton.

7 Likes

so I have a question on using Ableton Live 11. Once I record my tracks for each scene, how do I record a scene to an audio file? I notice it is recording the master and often nothing gets output to an audio file when doing an export!

I’d agree. It’s definitley a neat trick. Wavetable has a similar layout and flow, yet this one looks a lot more immediatley intuitive than the other synths inside Ableton. Looks immediatley very intuitive and the whole “hard to make a bad sound” idea is also a nice touch.

Dare I say it, they’ve gone for a touch of the Uhe analogue vibe with this one and it looks a decent effort on that front.

1 Like