Ableton Live 11

Nice

29 Likes

Looks like a great upgrade. MPE support is huge, especially as it enables poly-aftertouch on Push. Some of the new devices look great, they’ve added note probability, and it can follow your audio tempo. Will definitely be upgrading – I have Bitwig but haven’t invested the time to learn it and don’t really like the interface, so will be sticking with Live I reckon thanks to this update.

More details: https://www.ableton.com/en/live/

7 Likes
12 Likes

great news! the multiple takes feature, the macro scenes and the improved sequencer are really really welcome!

5 Likes

comping, probability and advanced follow actions are most interesting to me.
Not sure if I should upgrade but as I know myself I probably will

6 Likes

yeah the comping alone is worth the upgrade for me

3 Likes

Love the Bouncy Notes sequencer idea!

5 Likes

Haven’t quite got around to getting Live 10 yet

3 Likes

Nooo just bought 10 recently!

3 Likes

Wow, amazing with MPE compability.

1 Like

Looking good! Any news on how much the upgrade path will be for existing Live 10 users?

150 euro’s for me

Edit: meh honestly I’m personally only into the chance feature, so 150 euros is a bit or a stretch. But happy for all you guys to have your wishes granted!

2 Likes

ÂŁ143 here

1 Like

How recently? Might be worth contacting their support and see if they can do anything, you never know. That sucks but I guess you win some and lose some…

1 Like

Btw, the site FAQs says it will be released in the first quarter of 2021, but there’s no firm release date as yet. Also, there’s an offer for 20% off Live 10 with a free upgrade to Live 11 when it’s released.

6 Likes

So, just pre-ordered for 159€, but do not need to pay now.
They will send an email once Live 11 is relased for paying.

3 Likes

Wow comping, huge workflow improvement, really didn’t expect this feature… Notes and velocity probability are very welcome additions too, especially here :wink:

MPE will surely make many users happy but I couldn’t care less.

The new Fxs feel quite cheap to me also… Like something you’d download from M4L and forget about within 2 months ?

What about the relative pace of this new release, Live 10 is only 2 years old and still 10.1 while 9 lasted at least 5 years and got to .7 if I remember correctly?

Upgrade would be 159€ for me, I’m a bit pissed to be honest but I will probably do it.

EDIT : They’ve finally reworked that lamy Reverb (Valhalla style + Convolution), Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, and Redux…

• (not so) cosmetic upgrade of Collision, Corpus, Tension and Electric.

Feels great.

2 Likes

Agreed. When I was a music technology journalist during the Live 7 period, I specifically remember Ableton saying they will keep new versions to a minimum and will instead work on making it completely stable. Personally, this doesn’t feel like it warrants a new version number, but maybe a 10.5 halfway house release that could’ve been offered at a discounted rate compared to a brand new release. No new instruments for Suite users, for instance, unless I missed something?

Edit: the upgrade price isn’t too bad actually

3 Likes

Happy for you guys!
There is nothing too exciting for my personal taste to take the splunge but that is - yes - a matter of personal needs and wishes.
And in the end I will upgrade nonetheless … :roll_eyes:

A mixed bag for me. MPE is huge though just a shame some of the other stuff isn’t as big a deal. Makes cut a nicer playground though with the probability and new FX stuff.

£143 upgrade isn’t too bad overall…

2 Likes